Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Diamond 24 - 12 Good Game [GG Clan Tourney]
08-28-2013, 01:37 AM
RE: Diamond 2 - 0 Good Game [GG Clan Tourney]
4. fraukfeud vs .Memories. Foundry started (yesterday around 2PM MST).

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2013, 06:38 AM
(08-23-2013 05:22 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I started my metagame on fire game with GreatGonzales.

the game queue shows 3 days since GreatGonzales last move...
[Image: Foto_zps74766fba.png]

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
08-28-2013, 08:17 AM
(08-28-2013 01:37 AM).Memories. Wrote:  4. fraukfeud vs .Memories. Foundry started (yesterday around 2PM MST).

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJi02QgM

Gg!

08-28-2013, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 10:31 AM by His_Daddy.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgMDG6woM
We are not 0 now. GG!
08-28-2013, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 01:51 PM by .Memories..)
RE: Diamond 3 - 2 Good Game [GG Clan Tourney]
[Image: 2iabst2.jpg]

TheRawkHawk and GreatGonzales at 3 days. Sad

08-28-2013, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2013 09:47 PM by jesusfuentesh.)
(08-28-2013 06:38 AM)Random Task Wrote:  
(08-23-2013 05:22 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I started my metagame on fire game with GreatGonzales.

the game queue shows 3 days since GreatGonzales last move...
[Image: Foto_zps74766fba.png]

If you win the match, you get 2 points. If he wins, he gets 1 point (1 point will be discounted). This rule has expired for him from now on.

(08-28-2013 01:43 PM).Memories. Wrote:  [Image: 2iabst2.jpg]

TheRawkHawk and GreatGonzales at 3 days. Sad

If you win the match, you get 4 points. If they win, they get 2 points (2 points will be discounted). This rule has expired for them from now on.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2013, 09:58 PM
What do you mean expired for them? If they play their turn, and then wait another 3 days, they would have no more penalty?

[Image: sig.png]
08-28-2013, 10:11 PM
(08-28-2013 09:58 PM)lawtai Wrote:  What do you mean expired for them? If they play their turn, and then wait another 3 days, they would have no more penalty?

If I applied this rule every time, I couldn't discount more than the worth of the match. For example the 2v2 match is worth 4 points. I couldn't discount more than 4 points.

If I discounted the points to the team, every time they take long, a team might get -65 (negative) as final score, even having won some matches. (The discount is related to the match). That would make the tourney a shame and wouldn't incentive that clan to keep practicing and playing. I don't want a final score like that to any clan.

In part, this tournament is to boost the gaming and to cheer up the community. I hope you understand. Peace.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2013, 10:34 PM
I would just suggest that the team get a forfeit if it occurred a second time. First time you lose the points. Second time it happens, you forfeit. It also becomes less fun for the person having to wait as well if they do come up against someone who has long delays between each turn when there's supposed to be a time limit.

08-28-2013, 11:52 PM
On a related note, when I used to play Advance Wars competitively back in the day, this kind of stalling has always been abused blatantly by the better players. They used to push everything to the max so that they just don't forfeit their match. If they were close to getting booted from a game, they activated the "on vacation" flag that granted them 14 more days to stall.

A high-level game of 20 "days" (i.e. 40 turns) took about 6 months this way. It was not only unsporting since you had to jot down your tactical ideas somewhere in order not to forget them; it wasn't really "fun" either.

Living through the deja-vu here makes me really upset because I know my guys: They're super friendly, play for fun and are eager to get games done as quickly as possible.

From my point of view, your current ruleset doesn't punish stalling enough. While you're saying that they should take "two days at maximum" (!) you'll just discount points until it's 0 points. What's the point in keeping on with the match if it gives 0 points? The most the opposing team can do is to prevent the other team from getting any points (while still permanently breaking the 2-day rule). I can't believe that this kind of rulesharking is allowed in this tournament that is meant to be "fun" for everybody.

Sorry to jump into the discussion this way, but as I said before it makes me tremendously upset to experience that very same cocky attitude the competitive Advance Wars players used to have in Outwitters now.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha