Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple change suggestion for Outwitters
08-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Simple change suggestion for Outwitters
Back in the RTS days, one of the advantages of being good at all races (warcraft, starcraft) was that you could select to play "random". As a result, your opponent had to scout you before they knew who you were, giving you a slight tactical edge.

It would be nice if you could select Random race, and have your building appear as a Grey Question Mark until one of your units or your base has been scoute through fog of war.

This might see more vegies play, and being able to random is fun right? This cant be difficult to code, blizzard has it in all their RTS multiplayers.

thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2013, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 02:32 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
RE: Simple change suggestion for Outwitters
Or you could make the bases random too so you could use The Processor with Veggienauts

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
08-17-2013, 03:16 AM
I like the idea of being able to pick random, then we could have a tournament of just doing random... Just an idea

[Image: sig.png]

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
08-17-2013, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 03:32 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
If we want a random team, just press the cycle button a bunch of times with our eyes closed. Then stop after a while and what ever team it stops at is our random team

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
08-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Or you could flip a coin twice.

HH = Scallies
HT = Feedback
TH = Adorables
TT = Veggies

But your opponent can still see your base.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-17-2013, 04:09 AM
Hiding your opponent team until you see a unit is interesting, but in practice it doesn't hide much. Nearly every map has a starting unit that you can see if not the first turn, then on the second turn.

Implementing a "random" choice to pick your own team would be pretty easy, but it's also easy for you to do your own by just rolling a dice, or flipping a coin, or going online and using a random number generator, etc., so they probably won't spend time to implement that.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
08-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Maybe when you pick random your units are disguised as others. E.g. If u randomed feedback ur runner might be a veggie runner, but you will still have the scrambler

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
08-17-2013, 02:23 PM
I know this is hard, but what if everyone started as a random race, and then your race is "officially" picked the moment you spawn a special from that race?

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament
08-17-2013, 02:32 PM
(08-17-2013 02:23 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I know this is hard, but what if everyone started as a random race, and then your race is "officially" picked the moment you spawn a special from that race?

I like the idea. So it basically gives you an option to pick a team on any map and also gives your opponent the same chance.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
08-17-2013, 06:32 PM
(08-17-2013 01:48 AM)ChiCoChi Wrote:  This cant be difficult to code, blizzard has it in all their RTS multiplayers.
Best. Point. Ever.

Yeah Blizzard has it! Can't be that hard...

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha