Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No one expects you to scramble Runners
08-05-2013, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 09:07 AM by ElPared.)
No one expects you to scramble Runners
Has anyone noticed this? Maybe only Gifted and lower have this happen but I've played several games recently where my opponent leaves runners where I can scramble them seemingly on purpose, and with no drawback to me for scrambling them at all.

usually when this happens it's a freshly spawned runner too, so I can scramble it and block their spawn.

Just something odd I noticed, anyone else noticing it?

EDIT: Here's an example from today: outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvJ2FBAw

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 03:32 PM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: No one expects you to scramble Runners
Nope. I think its only you. There was not much your opponent could do there anyway so i dont know what you were expecting. move all his runners away because you have a scrambler and leave your units to attack the mid?
generally a lower level league has a lower level of skill so if you want to avoid getting free runners to scramble or any free scrambles for that matter, why dont you try getting out of gifted and moving up in league. Smile

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
08-06-2013, 01:55 AM
(08-05-2013 03:21 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  Nope. I think its only you. There was not much your opponent could do there anyway so i dont know what you were expecting. move all his runners away because you have a scrambler and leave your units to attack the mid?
generally a lower level league has a lower level of skill so if you want to avoid getting free runners to scramble or any free scrambles for that matter, why dont you try getting out of gifted and moving up in league. Smile

Holy burn!
I'm sure as he sees wit inefficiencies he will only improve his skills and quickly get past the people throwing wits and units away.
08-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Well yeah that's the kind of mistake every gifted do, nothing exceptionnal ^^

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
08-06-2013, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 02:25 AM by TheQwertiest.)
Sorry, it was not my intention to "burn" syvan.
I was just stating that he should try to rise in league because I know that with some effort, he can do it.
And since his problem is that his opponents have a lower level of skill, wouldnt rising in league be the solution?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
08-06-2013, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 04:27 AM by ElPared.)
Solid point. I've had a game against a master yesterday, but I lost to them thanks to the damn War Garden rush I still can't figure out how to counter.

Anyways, hopefully a promotion will be forthcoming. I really only feel challenged by high level Gifted and Masters these days.

I have noticed they do this even when I'm not winning. I have another replay, but I have to find it on OSN

Edit:
starting turn 20 here outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y_daBBAw

to be fair, he didn't know I had a second scrambler, but even if he didn't I could have done the same thing by spawning a new one (though I probably would have scrambled the sniper or Mobi if I'd done that)

anyways my examples aren't very good, I was just noticing that I've been scrambling a lot of runners lately and it seems to surprise my opponent that I'd scramble them instead of killing them. I've even won games because my opponent could have scrambled my runner and hogged my spawn or something and they jsut kept killing it. I guess maybe I'm just expecting too much of gifted players?

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
08-06-2013, 04:34 AM
can always send friendlies Smile
08-06-2013, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 04:36 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
The war garden rush is really counterable, check my replay against mycotic on this map (it's pretty recent) Smile I played as if I didn't know from turn 2 he was gonna rush. There are many ways to prevent your opponent from doing the winning move, send me an invite if you want!

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

08-06-2013, 07:35 AM
It's not that I can't counter the war garden rush, it's that I can't identify it as early as I'd like. I suppose I could just always assume its going to happen and defend against it. It's not like doing so really leaves me open for much in the way of punishment

Still, I might take you up on your offer just cause I learn a lot from playing against you

08-06-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 07:47 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
At turn 2, you have to get a runner and put it at the top (or the bottom) of your medic, to have vision. Then, if you scout a 3hp soldier that is 3 hexes down (or up) from the top (or bottom) spawn, there are chances you'll get rushed, cuz players usually buff that first soldier and don't move it. If, on turn 3, that same soldier is moving in range of your base, you are gonna be rushed, be 100% sure of that.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)