Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did Poweewee Just Post Every Game He's Played?
10-29-2013, 04:53 AM
RE: Did Poweewee Just Post Every Game He's Played?
I know you were just kidding, but if you wanted advice, there is also a post where you can post your games and ask for advice:

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=180

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2013, 05:13 AM
Thanks. I might take you up on that.
10-29-2013, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 05:23 AM by Wildt4lon.)
Or you could start a game with someone. I always find friendlies helpful Smile

*loud whisper* thanks Mag!c ^.^

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
10-29-2013, 05:24 AM
Yeah, admittedly, seeing the high level play here, I'm a bit shy about posting a game. Not because anything anyone has said. More my own fears if having my game picked apart. But I know that's what I need.
10-29-2013, 05:57 PM
nobody has been picked apart for posting a game and asking for advice! On the contrary, there are many top players in the forum who are very happy to offer their advice. Dont be shy!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
10-31-2013, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2013 03:53 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Man, I missed all the action!

You guys, garcia1000 doesn't even post 'round these parts any more. What's all the hubbub about? Tongue Tongue Tongue

Seriously, though, he was a fun guy to have around. Sad

(10-29-2013 05:57 PM)=) Random Task (= Wrote:  nobody has been picked apart for posting a game and asking for advice! On the contrary, there are many top players in the forum who are very happy to offer their advice. Dont be shy!

I think what HuskyPete means is that he might feel self-conscious about having mistakes pointed out. That makes sense to me. It's natural human behavior to be reluctant to open one's performance up for criticism.

For interpersonal relationships, I take J. L. Mackie as a role model of sorts.

Wikipedia Wrote:Mackie is said to have been capable of expressing total disagreement in such a genial way that the person being addressed might mistake the comment for a compliment. This personal style is exemplified by the following words from the preface to Mackie's Ethics: Inventing Right and Wrong (1977, p. 3):

J. L. Mackie Wrote:...I am nowhere mainly concerned to refute any individual writer. I believe that all those to whom I have referred, even those with whom I disagree most strongly, have contributed significantly to our understanding of ethics: where I have quoted their actual words, it is because they have presented views or arguments more clearly or more forcefully than I could put them myself.

This is more or less my philosophy when it comes to talking with people. I gain nothing by viewing those with whom I strongly disagree as adversaries. They are collaborators in an effort to explore the ideological space in which our human minds coexist, so I try to treat them as such. I try to gain understanding about their viewpoint well enough that I could express it as though it were my own. And I share my own opinion from the perspective that it is simply an effort on my part to pursue such greater understanding, not that it is, in fact, the truth which I have discovered and am now deigning to grace you with in my incalculable mercy.

I tend to think of this approach as Intentional Non-adversarialism, but this is probably a poor term for it, as I believe Non-adversarialism is an existing term that refers to a philosophy concerning how to conduct legal proceedings in court.

(10-27-2013 08:15 PM)Pharmafan Wrote:  
(10-27-2013 09:27 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I'd also like to add that Mag!c specifically has done a significant amount for the community: coaching a massive amount players, organized multiple tournaments, been a leader in his clan, helped generate activity in "elite" that was missing, etc. All of this should be considered when a comment of his might look a bit arrogant. And we are all human and imperfect.

Yep! Same opinion here! When you are that active and full of passion for this game it may happen that you don't use the best wording in each post. Well said, thrutchy!

No, I am a robot and am perfect, unimpeded by a sense of humor.

Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user