Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Android App?
07-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Android App?
Is this app going to only be iOS? I have an iPad at home to use it but I cannot use it on the go with my Android smartphone Sad Also, if you do have android integration later, how are we going to be able to restore purchases? I have bought the über pack and it would suck having to buy it again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 04:23 AM
RE: Android App?
From what I know and read, the framework used for Outwitters is not compatible with the Android Development Kit and there's no "plug" I'm aware of that could take care of that.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Also, say if it did become android(laughx3) you would in fact need to purchase them again, differnt dealers, markets. Apple gets money from ios apps, so does google from android

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
07-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Well, I know this is probably a large/huge task, but they could rewrite the code for android capability. Im not asking for this rightmaway, but whenever possible. As for repurchasing, instead of using a game center account, they could make an outwitters account so you can play from the account (there is some game called shadow arena, or something like that, (card game) where they did that, the purchases transfer over to pc, android, and iOS. Also, that's another's thing, they could release it for PC sooner or later.
07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I'd love this to play with some of my best friends who don't have an iPhone. A PC version would be cool but it likely wouldn't be as fun asynchronous. Maybe as a browser game and the requirement to complete games at one time or much much shorter time limits, 5-10 minuets.

Either way it's a great game, it'd always be nice to see it expand and become a benchmark for the turn based genre.
07-10-2012, 10:44 PM
What about mac, it is pretty similar to ios, both in xcode, not far of a strech to make

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
07-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I know it's a huge stretch, but please know that the android market is actually outgrowing the iPhone market. Depending on the framework you're using (I assume it's the native xcode one) it would take more or less work, but Android really is a logical next step for any successful app.

I do hope an android version is on your roadmap somewhere...
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM
(07-13-2012 10:26 PM)rikkie Wrote:  I know it's a huge stretch, but please know that the android market is actually outgrowing the iPhone market.
Not true yet but I think that iOS 6 could be a large disappointment as opposed to Android 4.1. But not going to kick off nor participate in a Android vs iOS discussion now, just saying Big Grin

Quote:Depending on the framework you're using (I assume it's the native xcode one)

As far as I know, it's not.

Quote:it would take more or less work

Yeah with OpenGL that would have been the case probably. But it's not OpenGL Smile

Quote:but Android really is a logical next step for any successful app.

Yeah, releasing universal is something that's really awesome for marketing and such. However, I read articles that Android revenues are usually far lower than iOS ones which wouldn't justify the additional effort for developing the app, supporting bugs AND bringing updates for the different OSs.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

07-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Not to mention if they were to release it on Android you would most certainly have the rebuy the IAP. Their not going to spend months (years?) coding just to give it away for free.... Unless its ad based.

Personally I'd like to see a Mac version and I would rebuy instantly.
07-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Do developers earn money on android market? I heard most develope mainly for IOS because its so easy to get the apps for free from different platforms.