Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest gap between player skill levels
10-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Greatest gap between player skill levels
During my placement matches, I had not read forum nor learnt about rushes or first player advantage. My placement matches ended 3 won 2 lost. Last three of the games are shown on this screen capture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juslas/8058785991/

Later I read Outwitters news and thought wait a minute, I played against Kasparov (of the Outwitters.) That makes one mighty skill level difference since I ended up starting as fluffy league and my opponent was number one best player of all those Super Titan skill level players.

There was nothing to see on my quick lost, sure I learnt that defending is essential when playing second ... and I also later learnt how to save game replays. This game was already lost then.

Does anybody else recall great skill level differences between players.
Though this one is hard to beat. Number one against not yet ranked player.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 06:39 PM
RE: Greatest gap between player skill levels
Hah! More proof for the FTA percentage discussion Big Grin

Yeah, unranked players can be matched against pretty much anybody. However, one shouldn't be matched with Super-Titans all the time. And you shouldn't end up in Fluffy League if you lost only against Super-Titans. Undecided

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-06-2012, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 07:14 PM by Gf!sh.)
What league was 'OHNOrobots'?

Also, I got 4-1 from my first five, while losing only once from a clever (which i have beaten also during my first five), ending up in clever.

10-06-2012, 09:00 PM
P1noyboyp1 was revealed to me since I read Outwitters news bulletin. Took the screen capture, since I thought this was unique happening. Can't recall opponents levels and since multiple games were simultaneously present ... 5 games is pretty random anyway.
Since then I have had 110 wins, 12 lost 1v1 and 2 lost games on 2v2.
I am on gifted league now, climbing.