Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does it take to enter the masters league?
05-14-2013, 01:13 PM
What does it take to enter the masters league?
Just curious to what it takes to rank up. I've been #1 in gifted since 4/10 with about 100 points from second the entire time. I don't even think I've been up against a masters player yet.

Any insight?

Tide
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: What does it take to enter the masters league?
Thats strange. Maybe you win and lose at about the same frequency so the game keeps pairing you up with gifted.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2013, 01:32 PM
That is odd. What griffin said is the only explanation i can think of.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
It's all about how much you win. I went on about a 15 win streak before even getting a match with masters. I'd say at least a 2-1 win-loss ratio should get you there eventually. However, you still have to go positive in your matches with masters.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-14-2013, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 02:53 PM by ElPared.)
I went on like a 5 win streak up to Gifted #9 and then got paired with a Master (I lost to them). You must win and lose about the same number of games like Griffin said.

I'm not sure how divisions play into things, but it could be that your division is one of the lower Gifted divisions so being number 1 in it, while great, isn't quite as awesome as being #1 in a higher Gifted division.

just my 2 cents

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
05-14-2013, 04:55 PM
being #1 in the division doesn't say anything about your hidden skill rating. it is just a sign that you are playing many games. you need to consistently win against gifted players - i never had a 15 games win streak so less will be sufficient as well. you get matched against stronger and stronger gifted players and then against masters. once you win a few games in a row against masters your promotion is imminent and will happen eventually. a promotion can happen regardless if the last game before the promotion is won or lost. you just have to climb with your hidden skill rating above the threshold level.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
05-14-2013, 05:49 PM
(05-14-2013 04:55 PM)Random Task Wrote:  you just have to climb with your hidden skill rating above the threshold level.
Interesting.  How exactly is this 'hidden skill rating' calculated?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 09:52 PM by TheQwertiest.)
(05-14-2013 05:49 PM)Tidehawk Wrote:  
(05-14-2013 04:55 PM)Random Task Wrote:  you just have to climb with your hidden skill rating above the threshold level.

one of the reasons we call it hidden rating because it is hidden from us on how its calculated. only the devs know.
(i could be wrong but i dont think ive ever read an announcement,post or memo explaining how its calculated

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
05-15-2013, 03:49 AM
(05-14-2013 09:51 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  
(05-14-2013 05:49 PM)Tidehawk Wrote:  

one of the reasons we call it hidden rating because it is hidden from us on how its calculated. only the devs know.
(i could be wrong but i dont think ive ever read an announcement,post or memo explaining how its calculated

Is hidden ranking shown a person's new calculated ranking by the end of the season?

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
05-15-2013, 03:51 AM
Your hidden ranking should change after every game depending on win/loss. So it's possible to get promoted during the season. You just have to cross over whatever threshold is set.

[Image: sig.png]