Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Superpowers
05-25-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Superpowers
(05-18-2013 01:09 PM)Doodat Wrote:  I think I'll revert to being a non-superpowerful human being. It's safer that way.

Nooooooo, your more vulnerable that way, unless your superpower is "press X key to die" but at least without a superpower, people won't have a reason to hang you for witchcraft.

Power comes with haters and castles

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2013, 09:09 AM
(05-08-2013 12:25 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  If you had a superpower, what would it be?

I've always been partial to telekinesis, but lately I've been thinking that shapeshifting would be really cool, so now I'm not sure which one to go with.

What about you, fellow friendly forum dwellers?

instant transportation/teleportation + ability to live in vacuum + infinite life span. No idea on what mechanism the teleportation would work.

Either taking quantum principles and scaling it up to the macro level (basically allowing large masses to probabilistically appear elsewhere), or somehow surpassing the speed of light, or teleportation via entanglement, but then the whole question of consciousness comes up if you're effectively duplicating yourself and deleting the old copy. Are you still you?

Light speed+ travel sucks in that upon return home, everyone you knew is dead or earth/solar system could actually be gone.

Downsides not withstanding, it'd be awesome to finally explore the universe.

Hmm, I suck at these questions because I instantly think of all the limitations of the superpower haha. You'd almost need a 'collection' of superpowers to effectively exercise any given one as intended without any ill side effects.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
05-25-2013, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 10:16 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
(05-25-2013 08:55 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(05-18-2013 09:59 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  The other issues with being able to heal other people, is that everyone will always come to you to be healed. And that is all you would do, every day. So you would need some other power to get away from all the people.

easy. charge money. Behold, the power of money. hiyoooooo

Yeah. Or be a shaman. I don't think they get paid but they somehow afford a teepee to live in.
(05-25-2013 09:09 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 12:25 PM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  If you had a superpower, what would it be?

I've always been partial to telekinesis, but lately I've been thinking that shapeshifting would be really cool, so now I'm not sure which one to go with.

instant transportation/teleportation + ability to live in vacuum + infinite life span. No idea on what mechanism the teleportation would work.

Either taking quantum principles and scaling it up to the macro level (basically allowing large masses to probabilistically appear elsewhere), or somehow surpassing the speed of light, or teleportation via entanglement, but then the whole question of consciousness comes up if you're effectively duplicating yourself and deleting the old copy. Are you still you?

Light speed+ travel sucks in that upon return home, everyone you knew is dead or earth/solar system could actually be gone.

Hmm, I suck at these questions because I instantly think of all the limitations of the superpower haha. You'd almost need a 'collection' of superpowers to effectively exercise any given one as intended without any ill side effects.

Theoretically, you are still you because every particle would be in the same position, state, and identically identical to your old copy.

If your traveling at light speed, then you proved E=mc² false.
You'd be famous!!

05-25-2013, 02:50 PM
(05-25-2013 09:12 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(05-18-2013 09:59 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  The other issues with being able to heal other people, is that everyone will always come to you to be healed. And that is all you would do, every day. So you would need some other power to get away from all the people.

Yeah. Or be a shaman. I don't think they get paid but they somehow afford a teepee to live in.

Theoretically, you are still you because every particle would be in the same position, state, and identically identical to your old copy.

You'd be famous!!

Technically, the particles that comprise your body would break apart at light speed, in theory. Of course, it's only theoretical, and science has proven itself wrong a few times.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-25-2013, 04:08 PM
really guys? we are talking about superpowers. do you have to talk about the legit-ness? haha

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
05-25-2013, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 05:54 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
(05-25-2013 02:50 PM)Doodat Wrote:  
(05-25-2013 09:12 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  

You'd be famous!!

Technically, the particles that comprise your body would break apart at light speed, in theory. Of course, it's only theoretical, and science has proven itself wrong a few times.

Thats not how things works near light speed. Which is what got Einstein famous in the first place, he revolutionized the way people think of space and time, it was called his theory of special relativity. If you did go at the same speed of light, it would take an infinite amount of energy because E²=(mc²)²+pc²

05-26-2013, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 08:21 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
(05-25-2013 04:08 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  really guys? we are talking about superpowers. do you have to talk about the legit-ness? haha

Exactly! If we overthink things, it should be by presuming things about people's mental health from their answers in this thread.

P.S. 666 posts! I don't think I can make any new posts for a while. Smile

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Superpower: i can turn my device upside down so Erenan can post again

05-28-2013, 03:25 AM
(05-25-2013 04:08 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  really guys? we are talking about superpowers. do you have to talk about the legit-ness? haha
I think in every Marvel movie, by the end, a city is practically destroyed. If everyone had super powers that weren't controlled in some manner, there wouldn't be many cities left.

GC: TheGreatAnt
05-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Less cities means less people. Less people means less destruction. Less destruction means more cities. Which is what we want- new cities to replace the destroyed ones so we don't run out. So everybody go out and destroy a city so we can save humanity from the lack of cities!