Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Superpowers
05-18-2013, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 06:05 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
RE: Superpowers
We live in 3 dimensions of space and 1 of time. We move through time and space, but we can move along space's 3 axes- x, y, and z- and time's 1 axis- t. If time is the 4th dimension, it wouldn't be a line, a line is a single dimension. A point doesn't have any dimensions. A line has one axis to travel along. A plane, has 2 dimensions, and we are living in a universe with 3 dimensions. 3 spacial dimentions but 1 temporal dimention.
IF time IS the 4th dimension, then how can a 2nd dimensional place experience time if there are only 2 dimensions to move in?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2013, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 06:29 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Actually, according to different variations of String Theory (take or leave it, I guess), we apparently live in a universe with either 10, 11, or 26 dimensions. Generally, time is assumed to be different from spatial dimensions, and the "extra" dimensions besides the three we perceive are regarded as additional spatial dimensions. The theoretical explanation I usually hear for why we don't perceive these additional dimensions is that they are microscopic and curled up or something, whatever that means.

But yes, if we could build into a 4th spatial dimension, this would change a lot of things about how we interact with the world.

P.S. I really want Miegakure to come out.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2013, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 06:41 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
String theory has 10 total dimensions, 9 spacial and 1 temporal, but there there were multiple versions of string theory and scientists debated about which version was right and this guy came up with a new version of string theory that unifies all the versions called M-theory and that has 11 total, 10 spacial and 1 temporal.

Strings in theory behave in a way that moves in 10 spacial dimensions. Those extra 7 spacial dimensions are curled up so small, we don't noticeably experience it. You could have a piece of thread so thin, it looks like it is one dimensional- a line. But if you zoom in and look really closely, you could see that it is not one dimensional, it has width and length and height.

05-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Okay, anyways...

Since healing people would lead to overpopulation, I have decided to make the humanitarian choice and limit my own healing ability to healing myself only. Smile

So now, I'm really torn between telekinesis, shapeshifting, and eternal life+youth+health.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Shape shifting is really creepy and unnatural because then you'd never know their gender. But its like the healing one depending on their limit. If the same scenario happened, the hurt person could shapeshift into a person with all limbs, non ruptured organs, and no fatal diseases.

05-18-2013, 09:59 AM
The other issues with being able to heal other people, is that everyone will always come to you to be healed. And that is all you would do, every day. So you would need some other power to get away from all the people.

GC: TheGreatAnt
05-18-2013, 10:24 AM
We all have that power. Its called secret. If they don't know, they won't have a reason to come to you. If the whole world knows, they would study you in a lab and there would be those people that start rallies that you should die because you its devils magic or people want you to cure their cancer or eternal youth or they fake a disorder and try to sue you for giving it to them or there might even be a lot of suicide because they are scared and superstitious, people could react in every possible way you could think of.

05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
I think I'll revert to being a non-superpowerful human being. It's safer that way.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-22-2013, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2013 08:08 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Being able to see a much wider range of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Oh but then i'd probably have to wear sunglasses everywhere.

05-25-2013, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 08:56 AM by onealexleft.)
(05-18-2013 09:59 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  The other issues with being able to heal other people, is that everyone will always come to you to be healed. And that is all you would do, every day. So you would need some other power to get away from all the people.

easy. charge money. Behold, the power of money. hiyoooooo

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan