Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Superpowers
05-17-2013, 07:47 AM
RE: Superpowers
Hm. I guess you could reverse aging, but that's not what I intended. I was thinking more along the lines of curing things from the common cold to things like cancer or paralysis. Also regrowing limbs, curing blindness, deafness, etc.

Mental health is a good question though. I don't like the thought of playing with someone's mind. Even if it is "curing" them. It seems like kind of a grey area to me. But I'm probably biased because one of my great uncles was lobotomized and it made him a completely different person.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2013, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 07:54 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
What if someone ran across the street to escape the government after a horrific crime and he tripped and hurt himself. Then a truck hit him because it was foggy and he was launched into the swamp and had his arms chewed of by an alligator and then his wound contracted ebola? That is 3 kinds- trauma, amputation, and disease. Could your powers heal him back to full health mentally, and physically?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
05-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Careful, if your hypotheticals get any more elaborate I'd say you're overthinking this. Smile

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 09:39 AM
(05-17-2013 07:47 AM)Szei Wrote:  Mental health is a good question though. I don't like the thought of playing with someone's mind. Even if it is "curing" them. It seems like kind of a grey area to me. But I'm probably biased because one of my great uncles was lobotomized and it made him a completely different person.

That's probably because lobotomies were a terrible idea and indeed did physically change the person. Not all psychotherapy is the same way.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
05-17-2013, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 12:13 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
(05-17-2013 09:31 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Careful, if your hypotheticals get any more elaborate I'd say you're overthinking this. Smile

Just wondering about what the limits are
His superpower idea is could heal people back to perfect health. Theoretically, if his superpower allows regeneration of body parts, this could happen:

A magician was doing the cut body in half trick. i messed up and ended up cutting his body in half during rehearsal. Out of fear, he discards the top have on top of a mountain and the bottom half underwater. A man with the superpower one day goes hiking and sees a top half of a person. He goes, "Poor man, he lost his bottom half. But i can heal him," and he brings him back to life with a new bottom half so perfect, it was like the man never got cut in half.

Meanwhile, another person with the same superpower sees a bottom half of a body float to the surface of a lake. He says to himself, "Poor man, he lost his top half. But i can heal him," and he brings him back to life with a new top half so perfect it was like the man never got cut in half.

In short, they (unknowingly) cloned him.
Which is illegal

05-17-2013, 12:24 PM
The healing superpower is tough because the measurement of human health can be extremely confusing.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-17-2013, 01:41 PM
And then what would we do if everyone was healthy, we would run out of room on this planet. So then someone would have to have to super power of being able to fly faster than the speed of light through space for us to have colonies on other planets.

Better yet, the superpower to build another planet that is close to us but not affect our gravity.

GC: TheGreatAnt
05-17-2013, 02:06 PM
(05-17-2013 01:41 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  And then what would we do if everyone was healthy, we would run out of room on this planet. So then someone would have to have to super power of being able to fly faster than the speed of light through space for us to have colonies on other planets.

Better yet, the superpower to build another planet that is close to us but not affect our gravity.

A massless planet would require the separation of the God particle from all the atoms within and surrounding that planet.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
05-17-2013, 09:29 PM
(05-17-2013 01:41 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  And then what would we do if everyone was healthy, we would run out of room on this planet. So then someone would have to have to super power of being able to fly faster than the speed of light through space for us to have colonies on other planets.

If we could build into the 4th dimension, we'd suddenly have so much more room to build in.

05-17-2013, 10:10 PM
(05-17-2013 09:29 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  

If we could build into the 4th dimension, we'd suddenly have so much more room to build in.

I think the 4th dimension is time. So basically, traveling through the 4th dimension is time traveling. We are time traveling right now, only it's just in a linear fashion.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7