Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 3 Shenanigans
04-26-2013, 11:02 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans
Szei, I think the "long game time" problem can be solved through the idea of a Ladder season.

if you played Diablo 2 you might recognize Ladder as the more competitive game mode where there were better items etc and it came in seasons.

I think if Outwitters 2 had a Ladder game mode OML could do 2 things: 1) Sell tickets to the ladder season for $1. This would generate income, and people would pay for it because 2) Ladder players get access to new teams and maps a season ahead of the regular players.

Once the Ladder season is over, it's content gets dumped into the standard play pool when the new ladder season starts (then the previous Ladder's players would just play their placement matches against normal game mode players)

You could just add to the idea of a Ladder game mode by also making Ladder players take their turns in a shorter amount of time or they forfeit the game. Ladder by nature would be more competitive so it fits with that idea, as nobody wants to pay a buck to play ladder only to lose a bunch of games to time-outs (obviously this would have to be made VERY CLEAR in the ladder ticket description, maybe even have an "are you sure" dialogue that reiterates that the time-out time is shorter)

I think business wise this makes sense, especially since Witters' Digest could showcase replays from the top 200 Ladder players instead of normal players, which would make the normal players want to play Ladder, kinda like it's own in-game advertising

The problem with shortening the time for everybody is that most of the players play just casually for fun and don't have the time to play a game through in one sitting (I think you said that already)

I guess they could also add a "blitz" mode kinda like Blitz Chess, but I think Ladder would be really fun. I'd play it for sure, especially if they added new content with each Ladder

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Season 3 Shenanigans - Jaxxin... - 04-26-2013, 05:14 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - Norahsul - 04-26-2013, 05:25 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - Szei - 04-26-2013, 06:13 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - Norahsul - 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - amoffett11 - 04-26-2013, 09:33 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - bngn3000 - 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - ElPared - 04-26-2013 11:02 AM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - poweewee - 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: Season 3 Shenanigans - Phyresis - 04-27-2013, 08:52 AM