Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
05-03-2013, 06:47 AM
RE: Riddles!
(05-03-2013 06:22 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Yeah, here's another:

Which weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

I posted a riddle that was based on this

(04-27-2013 06:26 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  If i ate a lot of paper, how much paper in numbers would i be digesting?

I made it up so don't bother searching the answer, unless someone thought of it before me. Idk i just made it up.

Wildtalon1851 already got it

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 01:41 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
Here's the answer:

A pound of feathers is heavier than a pound of gold. This is because precious metals are measured using the Troy system of weight, while pretty much everything else is measured using the Avoirdupois system. A Troy pound is 12 Troy ounces, while an Avoirdupois pound is 16 Avoirdupois ounces. Troy ounces weigh more than Avoirdupois ounces, but it's not enough to make up the four ounce difference. So a pound of feathers is 16 Avoirdupois ounces versus the 12 Troy ounces that a pound of gold weighs, which means that the feathers are heavier.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 06:58 AM
(05-03-2013 06:03 AM)Erenan Wrote:  What's brown and sticky?

Wax? x)

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
05-03-2013, 07:07 AM
(05-03-2013 06:54 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Here's the answer:

A pound of feathers is heavier than a pound of gold. This is because precious metals are measured using the Troy system of weight, while pretty much everything else is measured using the Avoirdupois system. A Troy pound is 12 Troy ounces, while an Avoirdupois pound is 16 Avoirdupois ounces. Troy ounces weigh more than Avoirdupois ounces, but it's not enough to make up the four pound difference. So a pound of feathers is 16 Avoirdupois ounces versus the 12 Troy ounces that a pound of gold weighs, which means that the feathers are heavier.

wow i didnt know that.. thanks!
but you said 1 pound of gold not 1 troy pound of gold so technically
1 pound of feathers = 1 pound of gold

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
05-03-2013, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 07:11 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)

A pound of feathers is heavier than a pound of gold. This is because precious metals are measured using the Troy system of weight, while pretty much everything else is measured using the Avoirdupois system. A Troy pound is 12 Troy ounces, while an Avoirdupois pound is 16 Avoirdupois ounces. Troy ounces weigh more than Avoirdupois ounces, but it's not enough to make up the four pound difference. So a pound of feathers is 16 Avoirdupois ounces versus the 12 Troy ounces that a pound of gold weighs, which means that the feathers are heavier.

I would just weigh it myself so the pounds are the same

Unless you meant 1£ of gold and 1lb of feathers, then of course they'd weigh differently

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
05-03-2013, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 07:29 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Yeah, then the feathers would really, really weigh more.
(05-03-2013 07:07 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  

I dunno. It was a riddle I remembered from a children's book of vaguely educational crap I read when I was a kid. If you Google it, you will find the same question posed elsewhere, so it's not just me being nitpicky.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 07:44 AM
(05-03-2013 07:27 AM)Erenan Wrote:  so it's not just me being nitpicky.

But that's the funny part, lol

GC: TheGreatAnt
05-03-2013, 02:51 PM
You just received six shipments of specifically colored jellie beans (blue, green, red, yellow, orange, purple). The jellie beans are pre-packaged in 100g bags. With the shipments came a note from the factory explaining that there was a problem with one of the packaging machines and one of the colors of jellie beans has 1g too much in each of the bags. However, the note did not specify which color was incorrectly packaged. Using a scale in your store, can you figure out which color weighs too much with only a single measurement?

GC: bngn3000
Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
They call me SuperFluffy!
05-03-2013, 06:33 PM
(05-03-2013 07:27 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Yeah, then the feathers would really, really weigh more.
(05-03-2013 07:07 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  

I dunno. It was a riddle I remembered from a children's book of vaguely educational crap I read when I was a kid. If you Google it, you will find the same question posed elsewhere, so it's not just me being nitpicky.

I'm glad that I don't live in America.

05-03-2013, 09:02 PM
What's brown and sticky
A: a stick

[Image: sig.png]
2 vs 2 Master League
1 vs 1 GIFTED