Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
A Note On Delaying Losses
07-12-2012, 12:58 AM
RE: A Note On Delaying Losses
I really like the fact that they changed it from 7 days till 4. I have now bought the uber pack because I'd like this game to do well. I have 2 suggestions , the first is that I bet most people that are clogging up the game are either inactives or trolls. I think that if an account loses a game because of time loss EVERY game associated with that account should immediately be forfeited. That way a troll who is purposely timing out the game will actually be punished , and every other game that he was planning to time out (whether it's at 12 hours or 2 days ) will free up the good players accounts.
Same for inactives who tried the game and quit. This way an account with no action gets all the games lost , and it frees up 20 games.
My other suggestion is to have us be able to quit the game and surrender any time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 02:22 PM
(07-12-2012 12:58 AM)Samsonbeta Wrote:  I really like the fact that they changed it from 7 days till 4. I have now bought the uber pack because I'd like this game to do well. I have 2 suggestions , the first is that I bet most people that are clogging up the game are either inactives or trolls. I think that if an account loses a game because of time loss EVERY game associated with that account should immediately be forfeited. That way a troll who is purposely timing out the game will actually be punished , and every other game that he was planning to time out (whether it's at 12 hours or 2 days ) will free up the good players accounts.
Same for inactives who tried the game and quit. This way an account with no action gets all the games lost , and it frees up 20 games.
My other suggestion is to have us be able to quit the game and surrender any time.
Not only would that be hard to do, it would devastate regular players too. Imagine you had 20 games going, and your device glitched up and wouldn't work? You lose one game and suddenly you have another 19 losses as well.
07-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Sorry I wasn't aware that there was a glitch that would cause 1 of your games just to freeze for 4 days while your other games were going just fine. I would definitely send in a bug report for that. Other than the glitch / my game is frozen scenario do you see any other reason why it wouldn't work? I'm not a programmer but I don't see shy it would be hard to do? Can't the system see which account is which?
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
One of my games is now inactive for five days. Why?
07-12-2012, 08:08 PM
(07-12-2012 05:36 PM)Wenrod Wrote:  One of my games is now inactive for five days. Why?

Same here. Bug?
07-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Noticed that as well...

(07-12-2012 08:08 PM)Gustahl Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 05:36 PM)Wenrod Wrote:  One of my games is now inactive for five days. Why?

Same here. Bug?
07-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Ditto. All the games I had that were 4+ days old at the time of the announcement were killed, but none have "expired" since the first wave of purges.

(07-13-2012 01:10 AM)Houdiny Wrote:  Noticed that as well...

(07-12-2012 08:08 PM)Gustahl Wrote:  

Same here. Bug?
07-13-2012, 07:38 PM
For those seeing 5 day old games ...
07-13-2012, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 09:12 PM by QuantumApocalypse.)
Yep, all 5 day old games should have timed out by now.
07-14-2012, 05:02 AM
(07-12-2012 04:43 PM)Samsonbeta Wrote:  Sorry I wasn't aware that there was a glitch that would cause 1 of your games just to freeze for 4 days while your other games were going just fine. I would definitely send in a bug report for that. Other than the glitch / my game is frozen scenario do you see any other reason why it wouldn't work? I'm not a programmer but I don't see shy it would be hard to do? Can't the system see which account is which?

That wouldn't be a glitch, I have lots of games with different times on them. It's not uncommon to have a game at 3 or 4 days, and several others at only 1 or 2 days.