Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper limit to moves in a game
04-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Upper limit to moves in a game
I am using scallywags against a scallywags on the map sweetie plains. His base is 2 while I still hv 5 but now we hv put so many bombshells near our base we could never get to attack each other's base. So... We r having our two hundred something turns omg but neither of us want to give up @.@
Perhaps outwitters should set an upper limit to moves to the game! When the game has been played for 150 turns, the one getting the most points on their base wins. This will help my endless game which I think is going to go on even after 1000 turns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: Upper limit to moves in a game
You should keep playing. It sounds like a really interesting turtling game.
Once these to players (i forgot who) were playing a really long game and thry couldn't beat each other so adam or alex had to find the game and delete it. They couldn't get a replay of the game to show us because of that.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Just keep playing, eventually one of you will go on vacation, die, or the game servers will shutdown.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
04-10-2013, 12:26 AM
I know some people had issues with the game crashing once the turn count got very large, so that is one reason to consider letting it expire. Or you could go gutsy and save up a lot of wits and move every unit you have forward at once! Would b fun.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
04-10-2013, 03:20 AM
(04-09-2013 11:09 PM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Just keep playing, eventually one of you will go on vacation, die, or the game servers will shutdown.

Ha ha, I love it.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
04-10-2013, 04:37 AM
(04-09-2013 09:30 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  You should keep playing. It sounds like a really interesting turtling game.
Once these to players (i forgot who) were playing a really long game and thry couldn't beat each other so adam or alex had to find the game and delete it. They couldn't get a replay of the game to show us because of that.

me and terenceshiu Tongue
04-10-2013, 01:42 PM
I heard this was done before; is there any reason awpertunity and terence's game were deleted?

I asked adam/alex to do the same for mine and joelduque's game, and they said they just couldn't do it.
04-10-2013, 02:39 PM
(04-10-2013 01:42 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I heard this was done before; is there any reason awpertunity and terence's game were deleted?

I asked adam/alex to do the same for mine and joelduque's game, and they said they just couldn't do it.

We just asked them and both confirmed we would like the game cancelled and viola, it was gone from our lists! I think we were on turn 630 or so.
04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
(04-10-2013 02:39 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 01:42 PM)poweewee Wrote:  I heard this was done before; is there any reason awpertunity and terence's game were deleted?

We just asked them and both confirmed we would like the game cancelled and viola, it was gone from our lists! I think we were on turn 630 or so.

That's a whole lotta turns.. I wonder how much time you each spent on just playing that game!!
04-10-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 03:52 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
I too had a game scallies vs. Scallies on peekaboo (against ~ Mardion ~) which timed out after around 630 turns as it kept crashing every time i loaded it. This was months ago. I practically stopped playing scallies as a result. I prefer to play a race which is more capable to break up turtling situations. Honestly, if you continue to play scallies i would invest some time into learning how not to get into a double turtle situation line the one you had much more than asking for an artificial limit on turn count.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.