Poll: Do you think the Seasons idea is a good one?
YES! It would be interesting and fun to see how it turns out!
Absolutely not! It would be too complicated and I just hate it.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs
03-31-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 06:08 PM by ElPared.)
RE: Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs
it sounds interesting. It would be cool as a separate league, I think. Did you ever play Diablo 2? You know how there were 2 ways to play online? You could play Ladder or not-ladder. Ladder had seasons and you could only get certain items in it and stuff and at the end of it your character and their stuff was dumped into not-ladder, so if you wanted to go back to ladder you had to start a new ladder character.

Anyways, my point is that Ladder was more limited than the general play, but also had more reward to it (special kickass items). What if this were the similar?

Here's my idea: instead of it being random, what if you chose one Ladder team and you were stuck with it all season? So whenever you start a ladder game, you're automatically matched with someone as your chosen team. Also, all new teams and maps would be introduced in Ladder first and then when the ladder season was over they get dumped into normal league play. Ladder is also only available for people who unlock it through a $1 in-App purchase (per season) that unlocks that Ladder Season, and all Ladder only and maps for normal play at the end of that season (if you bought the Über Pack I guess you'd get them anyways though).

this way you have to pick a team you have no experience with based solely on a description and a visual style (so if I were given the choice between the 4 we have now I would have been stuck with Feedback all season) but you get to play them before everyone else, potentially giving you an advantage over everyone else when the ladder season ends.

of course you'd still be able to play regular league games against the non-Ladder teams like we already do as well

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs - ElPared - 03-31-2013 05:58 PM