Poll: Do you think the Seasons idea is a good one?
YES! It would be interesting and fun to see how it turns out!
Absolutely not! It would be too complicated and I just hate it.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs
03-30-2013, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 11:16 PM by TheGreatAnt.)
Question Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs
I was thinking last night: The only thing that particularly comes out of seasons is a league standing, that is locked in and cannot be changed. Over time, it will hopefully show progression and improvement for most players.

What if we incorporated new team packs and maps into it?

For the free users, give them a low-level playing field to which they can start. Let them use the Veggienaughts no matter what. Switch Scallywags to a paid portion of the game. All free users would use the veggienaughts no matter what season it is.

But, for the rest of the community, each season changes which team packs and maps are used in league games that entire season. This would allow for more developing of teams and maps, and would in a sense, force players to use them. Friendly games would still allow the player to use any team that they have bought (each sold separately).

So each season would have Veggies (for the free players) and three other team packs (whether the new onces from which we have concept art or the classic scally, adorables, or feedback) at random for the player to play in the league games.

Yes, I understand it might make people upset that they won't be able to always play their favorite team, but it will open up the possibility for more teams to be played in an interesting and changing manner with random combination of the team packs (i.e. Wah-Kapookie, the Woken, and Adorables // the frosties, Scallywags, the Wah-Kapookie // etc.). Each player would have to adapt each season in the league games to which teams were available to play for that season.

Overall, I think doing this would really open up the game for players to keep up with different team strategies, keeping a smaller amount of playable teams while allowing the continuation and creation of new team packs and maps.

What do you think about this Season idea?

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013 06:08 PM by ElPared.)
RE: Incorporating Seasons into New Maps and Team Packs
it sounds interesting. It would be cool as a separate league, I think. Did you ever play Diablo 2? You know how there were 2 ways to play online? You could play Ladder or not-ladder. Ladder had seasons and you could only get certain items in it and stuff and at the end of it your character and their stuff was dumped into not-ladder, so if you wanted to go back to ladder you had to start a new ladder character.

Anyways, my point is that Ladder was more limited than the general play, but also had more reward to it (special kickass items). What if this were the similar?

Here's my idea: instead of it being random, what if you chose one Ladder team and you were stuck with it all season? So whenever you start a ladder game, you're automatically matched with someone as your chosen team. Also, all new teams and maps would be introduced in Ladder first and then when the ladder season was over they get dumped into normal league play. Ladder is also only available for people who unlock it through a $1 in-App purchase (per season) that unlocks that Ladder Season, and all Ladder only and maps for normal play at the end of that season (if you bought the Über Pack I guess you'd get them anyways though).

this way you have to pick a team you have no experience with based solely on a description and a visual style (so if I were given the choice between the 4 we have now I would have been stuck with Feedback all season) but you get to play them before everyone else, potentially giving you an advantage over everyone else when the ladder season ends.

of course you'd still be able to play regular league games against the non-Ladder teams like we already do as well

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-31-2013, 08:21 PM
You know it's sound very good idea because until now the seasons system doesn't bring something new to the game.Also it will may give us the new team since more people will buy more teams after they will get bored of playing veggie all the time.I think you should send it too A&A and give it a try.

Defeat Is Not An Option

GC:dakdak97 Master League
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
That is a very cool idea! I don't have much to say, but it will add challenge!
04-03-2013, 02:11 PM

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-03-2013, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 03:41 PM by bobolynx.)
It would be problematic as players who get worse teams are less likely to win... Maybe each team would have its own standings instead?
I think I might have misunderstood. Is your race randomly chosen? If so, if you buy only one race you're more likely to get it.
Is this idea possible without the release of more races?
I actually had a bit more of a drastic idea, and maybe it's more suitable to be a game in and of itself, but it would be interesting if every month a bunch of rules changed, like increasing runner's movement distance or lowering the cost of a certain unit or increasing the bramble's range, or an even shorter period of time, and so players would have to adapt to the rules and hopefully find hidden gems and techniques. It would also allow revs to counteract things that are broken more easily

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
04-04-2013, 06:37 AM
The trouble with rotating teams is the whole purchase teams thing. Kinda hard to rotate out a team a player has already bought.

I like the idea though, except for free veggies and always veggies, I don't care for that part.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm ok with this as long as I get to have the Wah-Kapookie, The Woken, and The Frosties. Honestly I will do anything to get these teams into the game.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
04-04-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 07:08 PM by ElPared.)
nobody likes my ladder idea? It's basically the same concept...

I mean, you buy a ladder ticket, you pick one of the ladder teams, then after the season's over you can play your ladder teams like normal. Seems like a pretty good way to incorporate seasons into the game.

You could even have seasonal teams. Wa-Kapooie might only be available for the Summer Ladder, for example, while Frosties would be winter and Woken would be fall. That just leaves a team for Spring. I guess Adorables would fit there, or maybe Veggies. or they could come up with a completely new Spring team

I do like the free Veggies though. I've always thought Scallywags were too good to be the free team

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome