Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double tap thorn = game over
03-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Double tap thorn = game over
I was trying to tap on a thorn to attack an adjacent unit, and somehow accidentally double tapped, which causes it to uproot. In this case, happily uprooting 5 or 6 children thorns with it. Game over.

I've been on both sides of this unfortunate event. Maybe there should be an extra confirmation, like the move confirmation. Feels pretty lousy to accidentally have a touch register as a double touch and lead to immediate game over.

Happen to anyone else?

Anyway with the 2 hp change coming, I doubt I'll play a league match with them again. I thought the 3hp wasn't OP, shoulda given more time for people to figure counter strategy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Double tap thorn = game over
It happened to me. It also happened with my bombshells and the done button. There should be a confirmation for the done button like for the give up button

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Yeah, this has been discussed quite a long time with the BS and whatever else confirmation.

Really, I just got in the habit of if I was wanting to deselect something or change my mind, tap somewhere far away from that unit and the done button.

GC: TheGreatAnt
03-22-2013, 01:32 AM
The bigger problem is the fact that the replay is wiped the second that thorn is retracted. I knew there was a replay bug, but I had no idea it happened in game. All you have to do is retract a thorn as your first move and your opponent is in the dark for the rest of that move. That update can't come soon enough.
03-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Also possibly bigger retract button on a thorn. I don't know if its bigger on iPad, but I play on iPod and twice in one game now I accidently attacked while trying to click retract. It has flipped the game around since the thorn was on their spawn and I was trying to replace it with a fully healthy Thorn.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best