One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Double tap thorn = game over - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Double tap thorn = game over (/showthread.php?tid=1972)

Double tap thorn = game over - Oats - 03-21-2013 12:58 PM

I was trying to tap on a thorn to attack an adjacent unit, and somehow accidentally double tapped, which causes it to uproot. In this case, happily uprooting 5 or 6 children thorns with it. Game over.

I've been on both sides of this unfortunate event. Maybe there should be an extra confirmation, like the move confirmation. Feels pretty lousy to accidentally have a touch register as a double touch and lead to immediate game over.

Happen to anyone else?

Anyway with the 2 hp change coming, I doubt I'll play a league match with them again. I thought the 3hp wasn't OP, shoulda given more time for people to figure counter strategy.

RE: Double tap thorn = game over - TheGoldenGriffin - 03-21-2013 01:08 PM

It happened to me. It also happened with my bombshells and the done button. There should be a confirmation for the done button like for the give up button

RE: Double tap thorn = game over - TheGreatAnt - 03-22-2013 12:08 AM

Yeah, this has been discussed quite a long time with the BS and whatever else confirmation.

Really, I just got in the habit of if I was wanting to deselect something or change my mind, tap somewhere far away from that unit and the done button.

RE: Double tap thorn = game over - worldfamous - 03-22-2013 01:32 AM

The bigger problem is the fact that the replay is wiped the second that thorn is retracted. I knew there was a replay bug, but I had no idea it happened in game. All you have to do is retract a thorn as your first move and your opponent is in the dark for the rest of that move. That update can't come soon enough.

RE: Double tap thorn = game over - Coolio - 03-22-2013 12:59 PM

Also possibly bigger retract button on a thorn. I don't know if its bigger on iPad, but I play on iPod and twice in one game now I accidently attacked while trying to click retract. It has flipped the game around since the thorn was on their spawn and I was trying to replace it with a fully healthy Thorn.