Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Bramble v3
If bramble spawns 3 wit thorns, but children only 2 wit thorns and grand children (and great grand children) spawns only 1 wit thorns. Then there would be some logic to behavior.
Rest of the new features still makes bramble strong. But keeping the map clean from that inelegant weed sucking fun out of the game would be cheaper and doable with multiple way and units. Fun.

Also if bramble can't jump over 2 hex wide gap on Thorn Gulley, why thorns can spawn over one hex wide holes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 01:19 AM
(03-19-2013 11:35 PM)Juslas Wrote:  If bramble spawns 3 wit thorns, but children only 2 wit thorns and grand children (and great grand children) spawns only 1 wit thorns. Then there would be some logic to behavior.

An interesting idea, and one that I don't think has been suggested yet. I think this would make the bramble too weak though...

Also agree that OML should remove thorn ability to jump over gaps.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-20-2013, 01:38 AM
(03-19-2013 11:35 PM)Juslas Wrote:  If bramble spawns 3 wit thorns, but children only 2 wit thorns and grand children (and great grand children) spawns only 1 wit thorns. Then there would be some logic to behavior.
Rest of the new features still makes bramble strong. But keeping the map clean from that inelegant weed sucking fun out of the game would be cheaper and doable with multiple way and units. Fun.

Also if bramble can't jump over 2 hex wide gap on Thorn Gulley, why thorns can spawn over one hex wide holes?

It is funny that after all that has been written on this issue no one has come up with this idea yet. It seems like a great idea. It'd be really interesting to try.

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
03-20-2013, 03:42 AM
(03-20-2013 01:38 AM)baopu Wrote:  

It is funny that after all that has been written on this issue no one has come up with this idea yet. It seems like a great idea. It'd be really interesting to try.

I suggested the reverse last week: Whenever a thorn spawns another thorn the parent loses 1 HP, but gains it back to a max of 3 when it retracts a child.

I'm not sure which I prefer, but I like my idea because it naturally limits the number of thorns that can be made and makes it easier to take out entire chains for fewer wits. But this idea makes it easier to cut your way through to the parents in the first place and doesn't screw Scramblers quite as much.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-20-2013, 07:13 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YiP2LAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-20-2013, 07:15 AM
We get it mag!c. Your a bada**.Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

03-20-2013, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 07:24 AM by Alvendor.)
(03-20-2013 07:13 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YiP2LAww

Fun game! we both had some good and bad plays Wink I can honestly say I think I would have a higher win rate against Mag!cGuy playing adorables than veggies on this map.

Point is kind of moot now with the update coming, but another really good player loosing with veggies.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlLeIAww

Soldier spam FTW
03-20-2013, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 07:32 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I have been lucky in this game! If your bramble was one hex more to the right I'd have lost ^^ Well, let's make some AvA battle ok? Big Grin

Goheat, I'm losing in one or two battles against bramles too. But I lost in one or two battles against mobi aswell, at least Tongue I just upload all my wins to show to porceveer raging and saying his oponents are WAY better than mine is quite.. Strange. Or maybe he is that unfortunate? Dunno. x)

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-20-2013, 07:42 AM
(03-20-2013 07:29 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  I have been lucky in this game! If your bramble was one hex more to the right I'd have lost ^^ Well, let's make some AvA battle ok? Big Grin

Yeah, or if I had created a thorn to block it. Some AvA sounds good. Pick any map except Reaper, played way too much on that one..

Soldier spam FTW
03-24-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: Bramble v3ns sy
(03-16-2013 02:03 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Seems I will have to post some replays to prove bramble can be easily countered.. (When my opponent creates a bramble I'm actually happy, it has NEVER put me in difficulty, in contrary I have the unit count advantage)

The more I play being adorables or feedback, the more I think bramble is in fact not overpowered at all. Burno still hasn't managed to overwhelm me with his thorns. He tries strategies, doesn't play as perfectly as possible, but he can't even reach me.

If anyone doesn't believe me, he can invite me in a friendly being veggies. Even on Tg. Smile

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y4tyPAww

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*