Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 04:59 PM by ElPared.)
RE: Bramble v3
I don't think they're much more OP than the Bombshell is in this iteration. The fact that using a Bramble is so wit inefficient and often leads to the veggies player spending all their wits on thorns and spawning fewer real units, to me, makes them a bit more balanced. If you kill their Bramble you've basically just gained a massive unit advantage.

Still, they're pretty powerful on larger maps like Thorn Gulley and Sweetie Plains...

so I think instead of nerfing them back to 2 HP per thorn, it should cost 1 wit and 1 HP for a thorn to spawn another thorn. Once it gets down to 1 HP it can spawn thorns without dying (mostly so Scramblers don't get screwed from scrambling thorns). That'll make it so that the thorns in front are harder to kill, but the parent is weaker, so it's riskier to scout with your thorns as a soldier or runner could kill your entire chain for free.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 06:46 AM
(03-11-2013 04:58 PM)ElPared Wrote:  I don't think they're much more OP than the Bombshell is in this iteration. The fact that using a Bramble is so wit inefficient and often leads to the veggies player spending all their wits on thorns and spawning fewer real units, to me, makes them a bit more balanced. If you kill their Bramble you've basically just gained a massive unit advantage.

Still, they're pretty powerful on larger maps like Thorn Gulley and Sweetie Plains...

so I think instead of nerfing them back to 2 HP per thorn, it should cost 1 wit and 1 HP for a thorn to spawn another thorn. Once it gets down to 1 HP it can spawn thorns without dying (mostly so Scramblers don't get screwed from scrambling thorns). That'll make it so that the thorns in front are harder to kill, but the parent is weaker, so it's riskier to scout with your thorns as a soldier or runner could kill your entire chain for free.

That's actually a fair way to do it.
03-12-2013, 07:18 AM
(03-12-2013 06:46 AM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 04:58 PM)ElPared Wrote:  I don't think they're much more OP than the Bombshell is in this iteration. The fact that using a Bramble is so wit inefficient and often leads to the veggies player spending all their wits on thorns and spawning fewer real units, to me, makes them a bit more balanced. If you kill their Bramble you've basically just gained a massive unit advantage.

That's actually a fair way to do it.

I think this is, while it is a good idea, rather counter intuitive and frustrating to work with.
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM
then they should at least show you which thorns are parents of other thorns. Maybe if you tap a parent thorn it should highlight all of its children too. Trying to figure out which thorns are parents totally sucks sometimes, especially since the parents are often hidden by the FOW. It would make it easier to take out bigger chains instead of having to guess.

I honestly think it's pretty balanced as is, we just have to get used to it. The Bramble operates on a "snowball" principle. The longer you let it make thorns the more thorns there will be, the more powerful it becomes. If you can keep it under control long enough you can win

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Actually, it would be good to know which of your thorn patches are related do you don't accidentally uproot 10 of your thorn patches when you could've uprooted 2.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-15-2013, 09:40 AM
(03-15-2013 09:13 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Actually, it would be good to know which of your thorn patches are related do you don't accidentally uproot 10 of your thorn patches when you could've uprooted 2.

Since there is no cost to uproot, I try to uproot children first instead of uprooting a grand parent(uproot the newest thorns first). This avoids uprooting thorns you don't want to. I also have a system for putting down thorns so that I can predict parent child relations. Just come up with a general system and stick to it.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, it was definitely OP when I didn't know the update had brought attacking brambles and I lost a sniper and a scrambler in one turn...
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
(03-15-2013 09:40 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(03-15-2013 09:13 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Actually, it would be good to know which of your thorn patches are related do you don't accidentally uproot 10 of your thorn patches when you could've uprooted 2.

Since there is no cost to uproot, I try to uproot children first instead of uprooting a grand parent(uproot the newest thorns first). This avoids uprooting thorns you don't want to. I also have a system for putting down thorns so that I can predict parent child relations. Just come up with a general system and stick to it.

What if you have an area that has a lot of thorn patches and you are trying to uproot spaces for your units to stand in? You can't tell which thorn is part of which family. It would be sad if you unrooted a thorn patch that was a part of a large family that had daughters that had their own daugters when you could've unrooted a thorn patch that didn't have any daughters.

03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
(03-15-2013 11:02 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  
(03-15-2013 09:40 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  

What if you have an area that has a lot of thorn patches and you are trying to uproot spaces for your units to stand in? You can't tell which thorn is part of which family. It would be sad if you unrooted a thorn patch that was a part of a large family that had daughters that had their own daugters when you could've unrooted a thorn patch that didn't have any daughters.

if it becomes too tricky you just hve to resort to the replay

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
That'll take a while, which is why my idea was if you tap on on a thorn patch, you could see its family aka, all the thorn patches that is connected to it.