Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with the veggies??
03-02-2013, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 03:48 AM by OW11.)
Information What's wrong with the veggies??
I don't know why the veggies are NOT played by Super-Titan or Master League players
It's kind of depressing to see such an awesome looking team and such a tweaked bramble to get it to be the best it can be when all the Masters and Supertitans think it is like trash and pretend its not there Because its "not competitive enough"!

If its Tactics you want then re read the news for the replay of Gavin Wins vs Sir3!

It's basically a suffocation machine! It takes all of the wits and spawns and gives cover to its team too. With bramble your soldier can sneak through a back door without the opponent realising their big problem!

What's wrong with the Looks? Nothing!
They look amazing with a cool Cactus sniper and a Tree that flattens its enemies with its fist. A soldier that's got a tree for a head and a shovel for a sword! A fungus that spits poisin and a Venus fly trap for a runner. What is not to like?

Do I hear a Veggienauts clan coming?

~> Gifted League 1v1 Gifted
~> GC: OutWitter11
~>S.E.A.L.
~>Scotland!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: What's wrong with the veggies??
I love the team concept, the looks, the idea around the special. If the team worked, they'd replace Adorables as the team I want to primarily play. Unfortunately, the team just doesn't seem to be nearly as good as the other teams. Sad A part of that is surely just inexperience with Veggie strategy going up against people experienced with strategy for the other teams, but I think the bigger part is that the balance still isn't quite there.
03-02-2013, 04:00 AM
There is a buff coming so we shall see what happens!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Yes, I think Veggienauts strategy is probably a bit too little explored right now, and they're probably more powerful than generally considered. I think the thing is that it's really, really easy to screw up with Bramble usage, whereas Bombshells and Mobis are much simpler to plan effective strategies with. The replay you mention was an amazing game, and Gavin Wins played really well.

And yes, the upcoming buff may help Veggies be more competitive.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2013, 06:10 AM
The Bramble is a more defensive unit, I am a push the envelope type player, so I like the more offensive specials. I have had a bunch of fun in friendly running patches over half the board though

If you are gonna be dumb...you had better be tough.

GC: jimbo2shady
~Gifted League~ Standing Eyes Div.
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-02-2013, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 07:00 AM by awpertunity.)
Well unfortunately I don't think the last "buff" was actually a buff at all. Maybe only initially since it was new. But since now we get the wit back for killing a thorn directly, I don't think it has buffed them at all, just changed the tactics I use against them. I spawn a lot more snipers now against a Bramble whereas before I just used soldiers. It actually now just costs them wits to make a thorn that I can remove for free.
03-02-2013, 07:04 AM
(02-24-2013 12:29 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I hate when you put a bunch of thorn patches, then soldiers come and dug them up and you can't replace the thorn patches because now the soldiers are standing in the way and the soldiers carve their path towards your base but you can't stop them without using snipers because the thorn patches are in the way.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-02-2013, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 07:43 AM by zer0CD.)
(03-02-2013 03:43 AM)OW11 Wrote:  I don't know why the veggies are NOT played by Super-Titan or Master League players
It's kind of depressing to see such an awesome looking team and such a tweaked bramble to get it to be the best it can be when all the Masters and Supertitans think it is like trash and pretend its not there Because its "not competitive enough"!

If its Tactics you want then re read the news for the replay of Gavin Wins vs Sir3!

It's basically a suffocation machine! It takes all of the wits and spawns and gives cover to its team too. With bramble your soldier can sneak through a back door without the opponent realising their big problem!

What's wrong with the Looks? Nothing!
They look amazing with a cool Cactus sniper and a Tree that flattens its enemies with its fist. A soldier that's got a tree for a head and a shovel for a sword! A fungus that spits poisin and a Venus fly trap for a runner. What is not to like?

Do I hear a Veggienauts clan coming?

U mad bro?
Seriously do not know why you are blaming other people for veggies unpopularity. Blame the inherent weakness in brambles design. If anybody ever wants to bs me about a teams "hidden potential" that lays undiscovered, because not enough people play them, then please just stop talking. If you believe in it so much, then prove it to me. Otherwise it is what it is, just empty words.

Alright rant over. My opinion on veggies is that they give a lot of hidden advantages (taking over wit spaces/spawns and vision blocking). This means that they can help snowball a game if you already have an advantage, but by themselves, I find that they cannot really gain you the upper hand. This is why they aren't as popular, because brambles themselves have limited uses especially in terms of gaining a wit advantage. This also explains why some top players consider the "buff" a nerf, because they now give back +1 for a kill, which makes brambles actually wit inefficient against snipers.

Veggies are my go to team for friendly/random matches, and I enjoy them. But I also like what I have accomplished in ranked, and I would rather not just throw that away to "master" veggies. And seriously if anybody thinks veggies has "hidden" potential, then stop telling others about it and do it yourselves. -_-
03-02-2013, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 08:28 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Whenever I use bramble, I loose. When you see players who win being veggies, well it's not thanks to the bramble. You must be soooo skilled to use it right and not waste all your wits in thorns instead of reliable units that it's no worh trying it in league games. So far, only the gavin wins' game made me think bramble could rock. But when you see a mobi hitting the base when unexpected or a scrambler reversing the advantage in one turn, bramble feels tiny next to them.

Zer0 may be too rude, but he's pretty right on one point: why don't you use it an show us we are wrong? Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-02-2013, 12:05 PM
I played Veggies exclusively for a long time. It got me to the top 5 in Clever League but I started to realize that they are just not as powerful as the other teams are. Scallys can blast your thorns away and kill the others with soldiers, feedback can steal your thorns and use them against you, and adorables can Mobi snipers to wherever they need to to take down your parent thorns.

They simply aren't as powerful as other teams. They have the only special that actually hinders it's own team's movement (usually you can only move runners and soldiers through your thorns, and maybe heavies if you plan it right), and can easily get behind on wits without actually spawning units. The only cons to balance this are they lend themselves to sneakiness and they can easily harass wit and spawn spaces without putting real units in danger, which isn't a great tradeoff IMO.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome