Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
09-28-2012, 03:44 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(09-28-2012 03:38 AM)J00han Wrote:  
(09-28-2012 12:53 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 12:25 AM)SC-FTW Wrote:  Revive!

[quote='J00han' pid='7761' dateline='1348753866']
Hey, any advice for me?
Game link

My advice would be to let others post sincere requests for analysis, instead of wasting people's time with replays like this.

Whoops wrong link, cant get it back if it aint in the list, can I?

Not unless you saved it to notes or something

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2012, 04:12 AM
i need advice. im currently fighting 2 people right now who are turtling. i have more than enough wits to launch a full scale attack. 30+ wits. what should i do in this situation? should i wait for them to attack? or should i attack first.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
09-28-2012, 04:25 AM
(09-28-2012 04:12 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i need advice. im currently fighting 2 people right now who are turtling. i have more than enough wits to launch a full scale attack. 30+ wits. what should i do in this situation? should i wait for them to attack? or should i attack first.

What team are you using?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
09-28-2012, 04:25 AM
(09-28-2012 04:12 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i need advice. im currently fighting 2 people right now who are turtling. i have more than enough wits to launch a full scale attack. 30+ wits. what should i do in this situation? should i wait for them to attack? or should i attack first.

Worldfamous provided some good direction for this kind of situation on the previous page of this thread

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
09-28-2012, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 04:46 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(09-28-2012 04:25 AM)Harti Wrote:  

What team are you using?

the team name left my mind. lol. the robots.
edit: feedback! haha both me and my opponent are using feedback
(09-28-2012 04:25 AM)Da Wizerd Wrote:  

Worldfamous provided some good direction for this kind of situation on the previous page of this thread

sorry i didnt want to read the whole thread. i might get caught up in another replay watching spree. Smile)
edit: but i will read it now.
i read worldfamous' post and im still confused on what to do. as i have said in my previous post i already have 30+ wits and i have already finished creating my defense. so im thinking the opponent might also have more or less 30+ wits. my frontal charge might get crushed the very next turn. if i attack should i go about trying to wipe out as much forces as possible or should i focus on 1 spot where i pierce through his defense more but im cornered on his turn. btw the map is peekaboo

Anonymous Clan
09-28-2012, 09:32 AM
You should place your Scramblers in a way so you can scramble the first line of units, hoping they've got a gap anywhere for you to destroy a Scrambler with their Soldier or something.

What you can also do - and what I think is superior - is to set up a bait for the enemy so they use their Scrambler to take control of the bait. Upon your next turn, you'll have one of your Scramblers scramble the Scrambler which then again scrambles some unit which deals collateral damage.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

09-28-2012, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012 10:21 AM by GoHeat 3.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9vCyAQw
I'm sure there are some things I could have done better!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

09-28-2012, 11:47 PM
(09-28-2012 10:20 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9vCyAQw
I'm sure there are some things I could have done better!

Heya GoHeat3! My thoughts on that game:

Opening: I'm not sure about the effectiveness of this opening. You concentrate your influence on the left half of the board, but usually on this map you want to attack along the way where the opponent's spawn point is not. On turn 7 you have to reposition your units because of that, costing you about 2 wits.

Turn 9: You could have killed his Heavy instead of dealing 2 damage to the base. The tradeoff for bringing your opponent's base to 3 hp isn't very good in this situation, because it leaves your enemy with a big unit advantage as seen in Turn 10.

Turn 11: Positioning that Soldier there is very risky. Even though it's hidden by the fog right now, he can see it by moving his own Soldier forward or spawning a runner (what happened). So you lose it on Turn 12 for no gain.

Turn 13-21: Your defense against this attack is generally solid. I think you would have gotten into problems if your opponent decided to move to the left side instead of attacking in the direction of your spawn space. The runner defense costs you a few hit points on your base, but there's nothing you can do about that. Through all that your opponent retains his unit advantage though.

Turn 23: Attacking his medic is risky, because it's so near to his spawn space and adjacent to his soldier. Probably holding back one more move would be more efficient, but I'm not sure about that because I see no way how to not lose the +wit space.

Endgame: His power on the left side is just too big and you can't hold it off.

In general I think it comes down to you losing momentum after turn 11 or so. After that all your moves are just forced reactions.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
09-30-2012, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 06:31 AM by TheQwertiest.)
replay
i won against the guy who turtled. turns out. he didnt save any wits.
(09-28-2012 09:32 AM)Harti Wrote:  You should place your Scramblers in a way so you can scramble the first line of units, hoping they've got a gap anywhere for you to destroy a Scrambler with their Soldier or something.

What you can also do - and what I think is superior - is to set up a bait for the enemy so they use their Scrambler to take control of the bait. Upon your next turn, you'll have one of your Scramblers scramble the Scrambler which then again scrambles some unit which deals collateral damage.

it seemed to me that he had no intention of attacking and i already had enough wits to attack so i went for it.

Anonymous Clan
09-30-2012, 02:16 PM
(09-30-2012 06:28 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  replay
i won against the guy who turtled. turns out. he didnt save any wits.
(09-28-2012 09:32 AM)Harti Wrote:  You should place your Scramblers in a way so you can scramble the first line of units, hoping they've got a gap anywhere for you to destroy a Scrambler with their Soldier or something.

it seemed to me that he had no intention of attacking and i already had enough wits to attack so i went for it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That game was awesome! That may be the funniest replay I've seen. Dude had a sick army and no wits. Like having Jay Leno's garage and no gas. Nicely done by you, qwerty. I thoroughly enjoyed that. It was like your opponent was playing puzzle mode or something.