Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(04-24-2013 07:06 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  My opening being P1 or P2 is directly healthing the sniper, exactly as have done both players in this replay Smile I spend one more wit to move back the medic but it avoids some problem for later in the game and you don't have to move your snipe towards the medic, which costs more wits. But I do this because I play Adorable, so maybe it's not useful for other races!

Otherwise elpared said it all, I personnaly think practicing with higher ranked players is really helpful, so if you want to just send me friendlies Smile

yeah, it's a good idea to buff it regardless, especially if you're going to movie it to an offensive position on the wit space side instead of a defensive one near your spawn space. Since I usually move it for defense, though, I move the sniper to the medic.

I'm glad you agree with the rest of what I said though because I'm sure you're a much better player than I am, so that at least means my head's in the right spot Big Grin

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 03:18 AM by (Rone).)
(04-24-2013 05:29 PM)ElPared Wrote:  
(04-24-2013 04:47 PM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  Okay, I feel like I'm spaming now and I hate doing that or others doing it. However I do really want to get back to gifted league and even though I've been there before a few times it seems like I'm stuck in cleaver league.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmvSuAww

This player started out as if he really knew how the troops work and he kept up the assualts surprisingly. Any advice or pointers?

I don't think you're spammin, that's what this thread is for. You may want to consider joining a clan if you really want some more dedicated help though.

I'm not there yet.

(04-24-2013 05:29 PM)ElPared Wrote:  anyways, on to your replay Smile

the first thing you did that irks me (though it's not necessarily a mistake) is you moved your medic to buff your sniper. While buffing your sniper is a pretty good idea on Reaper, you shouldn't do it that way. Generally you'll want to move your sniper within one space of your spawn anyways to get it into a better position, so if you just move you medic to the hex right above your spawn eventually your sniper will come to the medic instead of the other way around. This also leaves your medic right next to your spawn which is the "optimal" location, and since you don't have to move him 3 times it's more wit efficient.

Generally on Reaper it's a good idea to leave your heavy where it starts until you want to start attacking in order to avoid getting poked by runners.

You can generally afford to allow a runner to attack your base for a turn or two. I've even been known to let a soldier take me down to 1 if I know I can get an advantage from it. Just remember your base's HP is a resource just like wits or spawns.

all in all though I feel like both of you made your share of mistakes, but I think he made the bigger ones.

Ty

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
04-27-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 02:58 PM by DimebagDerek.)
This is my first post. I hope this thread is still active and checked by some of the super titans. Here is a game I feel I played well. Please help me improve.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwOWoAww
Perhaps I did that incorrectly.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwOWoAww

IGN: ArmyOfDerek (formerly Jenmin0)
Super-Titan 1vs1
Super-Titan 2vs2 with ASingleKindle
I have many posted games on OSN for everyone to check out.
04-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Can someone post advice/replay for Feedback vs Scallywags on Peekaboo? I can't figure out how to kill a bs on the other side of the wall that doesn't pretty much cost me way more wits than its worth.
04-28-2013, 08:49 AM
(04-27-2013 04:54 PM)user35 Wrote:  Can someone post advice/replay for Feedback vs Scallywags on Peekaboo? I can't figure out how to kill a bs on the other side of the wall that doesn't pretty much cost me way more wits than its worth.
Just browse some high level players on OSN. It shows both the league and the teams used by each player, as well as can be sorted by stage.

IGN: ArmyOfDerek (formerly Jenmin0)
Super-Titan 1vs1
Super-Titan 2vs2 with ASingleKindle
I have many posted games on OSN for everyone to check out.
04-28-2013, 09:01 AM
(04-28-2013 08:49 AM)DimebagDerek Wrote:  
(04-27-2013 04:54 PM)user35 Wrote:  Can someone post advice/replay for Feedback vs Scallywags on Peekaboo? I can't figure out how to kill a bs on the other side of the wall that doesn't pretty much cost me way more wits than its worth.
Just browse some high level players on OSN. It shows both the league and the teams used by each player, as well as can be sorted by stage.

It might have been more helpful to him if you posted the link. Smile

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
04-29-2013, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 12:40 PM by (Rone).)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YuLS5Aww

My newest win. It's nothing to boast about but he was a tough opponent in the beginning. I'm not sure if it was my poor playing in the start that made my opponent so hard although he or she seemed to be superior in coordinated attacks. Any advice except for wasted wits on moving medic and wasting points on some runners moves/usage.

04-29-2013, 01:39 PM
(04-29-2013 09:57 AM)Deadbeatman Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YuLS5Aww

My newest win. It's nothing to boast about but he was a tough opponent in the beginning. I'm not sure if it was my poor playing in the start that made my opponent so hard although he or she seemed to be superior in coordinated attacks. Any advice except for wasted wits on moving medic and wasting points on some runners moves/usage.
You could have saved your sniper turn 13 by moving it back one space instead of spawning soldier.

And remembering that you don't have to spend all your wits every turn.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-30-2013, 03:41 AM
(04-29-2013 01:39 PM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  You could have saved your sniper turn 13 by moving it back one space instead of spawning soldier.

And remembering that you don't have to spend all your wits every turn.

Ty

04-30-2013, 07:40 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgOq3Aww

I've seen this opening a few times before and I was wondering if anyone knew a good counter. I win this only because I was adorables. As another race I would have likely been overrun before I had time to turtle.

GC: bngn3000
Top 200:
1v1 ---> 70
2v2 ---> 50
They call me SuperFluffy!