Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
04-18-2013, 12:04 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
"Turtling is a style I hate" ^^ I moved to try to find a path to attack, but it seemed impossible to find one! :/

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I understand that, but they kept spamming soldiers, so it was hard to do anything against.

GC: TheGreatAnt
04-18-2013, 12:56 AM
(04-17-2013 06:10 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qCZAww

Any tips?? I really don't know what to do when my opponent makes a wall, turtling is a style I hate and I always struggle to beat that kind of player.. If you were me, what would you do to put him in difficulty?

Hi Magic, I thought his_daddy played a great game, made their unit count work well and I'm not sure I'd call that turtling - but I'm no expert. Obviously a game like that is littered with things you could have done better. I think hitting their base with your first runner instead of boosting sniper (which you later had to move a couple of times to take it out of runner range ) was one such moment. Also, although vision is key to using the mobi effectively, I thought too many runners were being spawned at one point in the game.

As for how to win that game I think the last point sort of covered it. Spawn more soldiers, shore up your defenses and try and use that mobi at some point. Sitting back like this may have let him get out a bombshell or 2 so your guess is probably better than mine Smile

Everything Changes
04-18-2013, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2013 01:48 AM by lawtai.)
(04-17-2013 06:10 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-qCZAww

Any tips?? I really don't know what to do when my opponent makes a wall, turtling is a style I hate and I always struggle to beat that kind of player.. If you were me, what would you do to put him in difficulty?

Yea, I'm not sure I'd consider what His_daddy did as turtling. It seemed like he built his wall mainly because you had the advantage in mobility so he had to protect the openings.

I think the main problem early was that you were spending more time harassing his heavy side while he was advancing towards your base without you really having any vision. By the time you created that runner, you were pretty out of position so he was easily able to get your base down to 2.

What really got you was around turn 35 I think when again he was able to get up the left side without you having much vision and force you to split your units to defend, making his final push up the middle a lot easier.

I think you just needed more vision on this map which would've helped you defend better. Also, the harassing on the right side while it may be more wit efficient for you I think hurts you more as you will always lose 1 unit to his 1 unit to finish off a buffed soldier. Since it's so close to his spawn, he can easily recover but you can't as it takes 2 turns to get another unit down to replace your unit lost.

04-18-2013, 02:01 AM

Think you can slow down a bit and let the mobi work its magic by earning a wit here and there. You can spend 2 wits to harass his 3 wits medics. If he gets a bombshell you get another mobi. If he gets two bombshells I would go: "hm, a third mobi would be very nice" but I'm probably just overdoing it...

Soldier spam FTW
04-18-2013, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2013 04:33 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Thanks for the numerous advices guys!! And, here his daddy didn't turtle, but I know that if I let him in peace he would create 2 or 3 bombshells, he did so in Peekaboo and now this is that kind of the most boring battle ever.. You're happy when you destroy one bombshell, and then BAM 3 bombshells behind who destroy all your army for 2 wits spent! Turtling can't be seen as fun and I wanted to prevent him to do so because I play for fun, simply. Tongue
If I hear you, that means I'd have to "slow down", create a lot of unit, etc, which means it will be a 100 turns battle impossible to win for me because there are many bombshells against me. So it would be the worst choice possible I think!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

04-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Maybe the answer is, when you know you're playing scallywags, not to spawn a mobi so early. Their early advantage wouldn't happen and when things calm down after the initial moves you could look to get a mobi by turn 13-15?

Everything Changes
04-18-2013, 09:01 AM
obviously I'm not a ST, but I try not to spawn a mobi unless I can negate the unit disadvantage it causes. Like if I can kill a runner, then make a mobi and rescue the unit I used to kill it, that to me is a good time to make a Mobi.

anyways, yeah. Gifted league here haha

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
(04-18-2013 04:32 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Thanks for the numerous advices guys!! And, here his daddy didn't turtle, but I know that if I let him in peace he would create 2 or 3 bombshells, he did so in Peekaboo and now this is that kind of the most boring battle ever.. You're happy when you destroy one bombshell, and then BAM 3 bombshells behind who destroy all your army for 2 wits spent! Turtling can't be seen as fun and I wanted to prevent him to do so because I play for fun, simply. Tongue
If I hear you, that means I'd have to "slow down", create a lot of unit, etc, which means it will be a 100 turns battle impossible to win for me because there are many bombshells against me. So it would be the worst choice possible I think!

Think you can play it several ways, a quick well thought out attack could be great. But if we exclude sweetie plains and foundry, in most of my games my priority is to gain some kind of advantage (wits, position, units...). When I got that, then I go for the attack.

Soldier spam FTW
04-19-2013, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 01:39 AM by (Rone).)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YirWqAww

Here's my latest win.

Any advise please. (Normally I tend to have lot of trouble with bramble even though I know how he works)