Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Blitz King of the Hill
03-07-2013, 12:48 AM
RE: Blitz King of the Hill - Uvafan173
(03-07-2013 12:33 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Ok think I have something that will work. I want it accessible for everyone while keeping it a challenge. Rules should be easily enforced and work for both small and large maps. Current handicap was meant to create an overall boost to the lower ranked player not create a unit disadvantage that can be exploited on one spawn maps.

So the new rules are:
Take the difference in leagues between the two players, this is how many turns the higher ranked player can't take any wit spaces.

After 5 games won in a row the king will not get any handicap when playing higher league players.

This should allow for a much more balanced handicap system I hope. Higher ranked player will loose more wits on larger maps but those games are generally longer and it will be easier to regain the disadvantage on them.
So sorry Uvafan, as you reached the 5 game win streak no more handicap for you when you play super titans Wink Strange that you are not in the top 200 list by the way!

Hopefully I'll be in the top 200 next week, I've been getting matched up and beating a bunch of top 200 players, as well as losing to some of them of course.

Seems like a more fair system, why not just make it so on the two spawn maps one of the wit spaces can be taken but the other one can't?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 12:56 AM
(03-07-2013 12:48 AM)Uvafan173 Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 12:33 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Ok think I have something that will work. I want it accessible for everyone while keeping it a challenge. Rules should be easily enforced and work for both small and large maps. Current handicap was meant to create an overall boost to the lower ranked player not create a unit disadvantage that can be exploited on one spawn maps.

So the new rules are:
Take the difference in leagues between the two players, this is how many turns the higher ranked player can't take any wit spaces.

After 5 games won in a row the king will not get any handicap when playing higher league players.

This should allow for a much more balanced handicap system I hope. Higher ranked player will loose more wits on larger maps but those games are generally longer and it will be easier to regain the disadvantage on them.
So sorry Uvafan, as you reached the 5 game win streak no more handicap for you when you play super titans Wink Strange that you are not in the top 200 list by the way!

Hopefully I'll be in the top 200 next week, I've been getting matched up and beating a bunch of top 200 players, as well as losing to some of them of course.

Seems like a more fair system, why not just make it so on the two spawn maps one of the wit spaces can be taken but the other one can't?

Think both spaces are more balanced actually. 1 wit difference is much more important on the one spawn maps. But am obviously not afraid to change the rules (again) if it turns out I am wrong!

Soldier spam FTW
03-07-2013, 01:07 AM
(03-07-2013 12:56 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 12:48 AM)Uvafan173 Wrote:  

So the new rules are:

Think both spaces are more balanced actually. 1 wit difference is much more important on the one spawn maps. But am obviously not afraid to change the rules (again) if it turns out I am wrong!

Can the lower league player take the higher league player's wit spaces?
03-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Higher ranked players only play with one hand? Smile

Outwitters Allround Top 100 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...6aFE#gid=2
03-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Accepting challenges, btw, as it seems that jbadams is not online right now.
03-07-2013, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 01:11 AM by TheQwertiest.)
maybe he's invisible?
uhm. yup he isnt online.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-07-2013, 01:19 AM
(03-07-2013 01:07 AM)Uvafan173 Wrote:  Can the lower league player take the higher league player's wit spaces?

Lol.. wtf... hm... yes...

Maybe it is possible for fluffy or clever players to abuse this. But I doubt it.

Soldier spam FTW
03-07-2013, 01:33 AM
be careful uvafan.. knowing alvendor, he'll create a dummy account just to abuse this. xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Speaking of that, is Alvendor also IamNOTstupiD? I heard this somewhere and I'm playing him right now so I want an answer!Tongue

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-07-2013, 01:40 AM
I heard that everything you hear on the Internet is true

Soldier spam FTW