Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Those Days
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Those Days
Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days.

Or so I hear.
Often, I find myself making ridiculous mistakes throughout certain days. I miscalculate wits, move units in the wrong order, try to attack twice with the same unit, and so on. I just find myself making blatantly flawed moves that I never ever would make on any other day, which in turn, throws several games away. I feel like I'm just flushing easy wins down the drain or condemning myself to ensured losses whenever I have a bad day. Perhaps I didn't get enough sleep. Or perhaps I make one mistake and it puts me on tilt, affecting all of my other decisions.

What happens to you when you have a bad day?
What do you do when you're having a bad day?
How do you avoid making mistakes in general?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Those Days
Hey, a bad day is a bad day, that shouldn't affect your playing, in theory Smile
If you typically count wits n track opponents units, I suggest not playing for that day; instead do something outdoor or exercise, something brainless Smile

For avoiding mistakes, treat every game as the championship! But that doesn't always happen especially if you have 20-30 games going on. I guess you can pray n look n replays n calculate the wits "before" making any movements.

Good luck
02-25-2013, 10:32 PM
This is funny but I can chalk any loss up to having a bad day or being stressed at the time of making a bad move and the worst part is it's inevitable, gotta make that move when I'm angry it's like a bad half thought attempt at revenge on life.
To avoid mistakes I play only 1 league game at a time. I try to avoid making moves when I first wake up or when I'm very tired, brain doesn't work properly then Tongue
02-25-2013, 11:17 PM
I tend to ragequit.

02-25-2013, 11:18 PM
For the people not in the top 200, everyday is a bad day.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
02-25-2013, 11:19 PM
(02-25-2013 11:17 PM)Gfich Wrote:  I tend to ragequit.

Ragequit?
02-25-2013, 11:41 PM
(02-25-2013 11:18 PM)Coolio Wrote:  For the people not in the top 200, everyday is a bad day.

I don't think so Smile You can be on a great winning streak and be promoted to master, which is a very nice moment!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-26-2013, 12:01 AM
I got demoted to gifted. It was more like a bad week. I couldn't think straight.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
No morning moves for me! I used to open games first thing and think I had a brilliant move, only to find out hours later it was terrible.

This actually applies all the time, whenever I think I have a great move I close the game and check back in a bit with fresh eyes. Often this brings new insight on the game, and see how my move is actually easily countered, or worse, my opponent baiting me into a bad move. If it seems to good to be true it often is.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
02-26-2013, 12:14 AM
I still have the light relief of being in 2v2 random Fluffy league so whenever my outwitter's biorythym is at a low point I tend to start a few of those games for a bit of R&R. One mistake I have been able to stop is leaving my phone around where my 2 year old daughter can get it, although to be fair the last time she got it and spent 6 wits with random brambles she did manage to capture a wit space Smile. She is now safely locked up in a dark cupboard....that reminds me, I must throw some food in there.

Everything Changes