Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
03-03-2013, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 11:39 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
Yeah I see that point. Fog of war requires a different kind of thinking than chess - instead of discovering the best possible move, as in chess, you are trying to consider all possible scenarios to come up with the maximally great move. SC2 is a good example of this....except that you can't really compare SC2 to chess because SC2 requires a level of physical prowess. I.e. hand/eye coordination, micro skillz, etc. Speaking of depth (non-physical) of the game, I think you'd certainly have to say that chess takes the cake over SC2. Likewise, Chess is a deeper game than Outwitters in my estimation. Yes, FOW adds a different sort of skill component, but I still think that there's going to be a much broader range of skill fidelity in chess as opposed to Outwitters. Any element of luck brings the highest possible skill threshold down, and we will necessarily asymptote at a certain point. This happens too in chess I think, but not until a much higher skill level (relative to the population of players, respectively). In short, a game with a luck element, however small, is necessarily less skillful than a game without luck (assuming comparably complex rules).

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 03-03-2013 09:43 AM