Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
03-03-2013, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 07:56 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(03-03-2013 06:19 AM)Gurleyman Wrote:  What say ye? I say the gap is close. I say that FTA makes a huge difference in these high-rank matches, and I would like to see that reflected in league points, as I suspect it might be in hidden skill rankings. As AJ/MB said, we recently lost two games to them, both of which they had FTA on, and one where FTA makes a huge diff (Blitz Beach). I'm not really complaining, because we enjoy the same advantage when we get FTA there, but all four games with them were/are at that disadvantage. Furthermore, the matching system limits the diversity of play. What if Krogoth & I have a weakness that rank #59 (whoever that is) can exploit? Or the same for AJ/MB? We'll never know.

One Easter egg we've discovered is that if we stack the queue and no one who matches us starts a game, after two days of waiting, the system matches us against placement or low-rank players. I call this an egg because while we get 2-4 points for winning, we get to see different strategies and try new things ourselves, and it makes us better.

In some ways, it will be a relief if the hidden ranking eventually decides to bump us to #2. Since the standings are such a black box, it feels like we're defending a place gained by trickery, though that is not the case. I think if all the data and rankings were shown, we'd see a lot of us with huge win ratios on FTA, some favorability on certain maps (ours has changed as we've continued playing), and some other interesting correlations between team styles.

+1

Also, what team is G/C which many of you are referring to? Is that supposed to be Gurleyman/krogoth (which starts with a K).

Also, it's Gurleyman, not Curleyman as I've seen multiple times by different people =P

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - CombatEX - 03-03-2013 07:55 AM