Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
03-03-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
What say ye? I say the gap is close. I say that FTA makes a huge difference in these high-rank matches, and I would like to see that reflected in league points, as I suspect it might be in hidden skill rankings. As AJ/MB said, we recently lost two games to them, both of which they had FTA on, and one where FTA makes a huge diff (Blitz Beach). I'm not really complaining, because we enjoy the same advantage when we get FTA there, but all four games with them were/are at that disadvantage. Furthermore, the matching system limits the diversity of play. What if Krogoth & I have a weakness that rank #59 (whoever that is) can exploit? Or the same for AJ/MB? We'll never know.

One Easter egg we've discovered is that if we stack the queue and no one who matches us starts a game, after two days of waiting, the system matches us against placement or low-rank players. I call this an egg because while we get 2-4 points for winning, we get to see different strategies and try new things ourselves, and it makes us better.

In some ways, it will be a relief if the hidden ranking eventually decides to bump us to #2. Since the standings are such a black box, it feels like we're defending a place gained by trickery, though that is not the case. I think if all the data and rankings were shown, we'd see a lot of us with huge win ratios on FTA, some favorability on certain maps (ours has changed as we've continued playing), and some other interesting correlations between team styles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Gurleyman - 03-03-2013 06:19 AM