Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
It is always great to succeed on global rankings. As competitive player I enjoyed AB seasons daily released maps. Being European I was able to play them while Americans still slept. Starting a day as top 10 player ending somewhere 100-200 at the end :-) out of couple of millions of players.

I also enjoy stats. I would gladly see IAP for win/lose ratio and/or complete game history with replays. I do collect replays and try to keep personal stats manually.
My stats can have some errors, and I have no knowledge how many games I have played with each of my teammates.

I made the 2v2 top 200 ranking list with several teammates. But with only one we were promoted to master league. We did not start as masters, even though we won all 5 placement matches.

I have lost 37 singles and 35 doubles games. I don't know how 264 victories spreads, but I have played mainly doubles this year. My win ratio is constantly decreasing, starting from close to 90 being now at 78,5. Eventually it should reach 50.

Me and Akkete have 2-2 with WF/MF and 3-1 (soon 3-2) with Curleyman/ Krogoth300. 3 lost games total so far (4 and 5 coming on next week or two).
Placed as
93 with Nunnu (3 losses)
166 with mustapuna (2 losses)
184 with zf8ham (3 losses)
With djwhatthebleep (8 losses) and Signoredems (12 losses) we did not make the list. Rest of the loses are with various teammates.

With stats like this I think the 2v2 top 200 ranking was published as immature. But active user base is what it is. And games can take weeks (or months) to be completed...
Though I am proud and happy to see my name on top 10, I had to say that there are plenty of teams with very few games on top 200 list. Outwitters is a slow game, it will take year or two to get mature doubles ranking list. We'll see if servers are up 2015.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2013, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2013 11:15 PM by Juslas.)
I use iPhone, iPad or Mac with Safari to post. Why they don't show up?
I hope that iOS game forum would work with iOS device.
Or why I need to post multiple times to get publicity :-)
03-03-2013, 12:29 AM
(03-02-2013 06:46 PM)Juslas Wrote:  With stats like this I think the 2v2 top 200 ranking was published as immature. But active user base is what it is. And games can take weeks (or months) to be completed...
Though I am proud and happy to see my name on top 10, I had to say that there are plenty of teams with very few games on top 200 list. Outwitters is a slow game, it will take year or two to get mature doubles ranking list. We'll see if servers are up 2015.

Interesting thoughts on maturity of 2v2 rankings. I have been saying that 7 months is enough time to define the 2v2 elite, and I still think that's true, but of course there may not be perfect rankings yet...I.e teams in top 10 are appropriate, but not necessarily in the right order within the top 10. Speaking for myself, Rawkhawk and I are 3:0 vs ==888==/waymaniac and worldfamous/dmfd, I think. Though, we are 1:3 with gurleyman/krogoth. Maybe we will rise in ranks too Smile

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-03-2013, 01:50 AM
(03-02-2013 04:16 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  were they on different maps? how many of those games did each team have as P1. more details please

We lost 3 as P1, 2 as P2, 4 on CCM, one on Blitz Beach. Speaking for ourselves, we are 4:0 againt C/G 2 of them came after the list came out

iPro Clan
03-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Even if there is a big gap between win/loss records, that doesn't mean there is a big skill gap. We've played G/C several times. They have a better record vs us but we've beaten them multiple times. We've only played banger/jiang twice (0-2)on their best map (Mach) and we were P2 for both. I can say with certainty that their is not a big gap between us and C/G but I just don't have enough games vs banger and jiang to say what the gap is there. What I can say about banger and jiang is that they were great much faster than any other team. They were playing at very high level when my teammate and I were still figuring out our style. You guys just have to get a lot more games under your belt to prove that gap. Look, from my experience, GG and Rawkhawk are the best team in the game. We played them 3 times and we got whooped 3 times. But who knows what would've happened on other maps under different circumstances? Gurleyman, if you're reading this, you're the best qualified to speak about the gap. You're ranked highest and you've played the most. My opinion is that the rankings are very accurate and the gap is minimal between the top ten or more. What say you?
03-03-2013, 05:31 AM
(03-03-2013 03:32 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  Even if there is a big gap between win/loss records, that doesn't mean there is a big skill gap. We've played G/C several times. They have a better record vs us but we've beaten them multiple times. We've only played banger/jiang twice (0-2)on their best map (Mach) and we were P2 for both. I can say with certainty that their is not a big gap between us and C/G but I just don't have enough games vs banger and jiang to say what the gap is there. What I can say about banger and jiang is that they were great much faster than any other team. They were playing at very high level when my teammate and I were still figuring out our style. You guys just have to get a lot more games under your belt to prove that gap. Look, from my experience, GG and Rawkhawk are the best team in the game. We played them 3 times and we got whooped 3 times. But who knows what would've happened on other maps under different circumstances? Gurleyman, if you're reading this, you're the best qualified to speak about the gap. You're ranked highest and you've played the most. My opinion is that the rankings are very accurate and the gap is minimal between the top ten or more. What say you?

I feel, we've played some of the top teams a few times. We've got some going on right now, we are getting more and more P2 games, which didn't happen before our losing streak. But the only team up there that we have multiple losses are against Terence and awpertunity.

iPro
03-03-2013, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 06:11 AM by worldfamous.)
It's all about matchups. I feel we have an easier time vs Terence and awp than we do vs Gurleyman and clearly you matchup better vs Gurleyman than Terence and awp. I should say matchup and maps. We do pretty well vs gurley on blitz but they have a healthy edge on CCM.
03-03-2013, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 06:14 AM by Mr.Banger.)
(03-03-2013 06:09 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  It's all about matchups. I feel we have an easier time vs Terence and awp than we do vs Gurleyman and clearly you matchup better vs Gurleyman than Terence and awp. I should say matchup and maps. We do pretty well vs gurley on blitz but they have a healthy edge on CCM.

Terence and awp have probably been our hardest opponents. Including friendlies though, we are still a positive record. But ya, we've lost 4 on CCM. It's our weakest map I guess.
Funny thing is, it used to be our best one and Mach our least favorite.

iPro
03-03-2013, 06:19 AM
What say ye? I say the gap is close. I say that FTA makes a huge difference in these high-rank matches, and I would like to see that reflected in league points, as I suspect it might be in hidden skill rankings. As AJ/MB said, we recently lost two games to them, both of which they had FTA on, and one where FTA makes a huge diff (Blitz Beach). I'm not really complaining, because we enjoy the same advantage when we get FTA there, but all four games with them were/are at that disadvantage. Furthermore, the matching system limits the diversity of play. What if Krogoth & I have a weakness that rank #59 (whoever that is) can exploit? Or the same for AJ/MB? We'll never know.

One Easter egg we've discovered is that if we stack the queue and no one who matches us starts a game, after two days of waiting, the system matches us against placement or low-rank players. I call this an egg because while we get 2-4 points for winning, we get to see different strategies and try new things ourselves, and it makes us better.

In some ways, it will be a relief if the hidden ranking eventually decides to bump us to #2. Since the standings are such a black box, it feels like we're defending a place gained by trickery, though that is not the case. I think if all the data and rankings were shown, we'd see a lot of us with huge win ratios on FTA, some favorability on certain maps (ours has changed as we've continued playing), and some other interesting correlations between team styles.
03-03-2013, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 07:56 AM by CombatEX.)
(03-03-2013 06:19 AM)Gurleyman Wrote:  What say ye? I say the gap is close. I say that FTA makes a huge difference in these high-rank matches, and I would like to see that reflected in league points, as I suspect it might be in hidden skill rankings. As AJ/MB said, we recently lost two games to them, both of which they had FTA on, and one where FTA makes a huge diff (Blitz Beach). I'm not really complaining, because we enjoy the same advantage when we get FTA there, but all four games with them were/are at that disadvantage. Furthermore, the matching system limits the diversity of play. What if Krogoth & I have a weakness that rank #59 (whoever that is) can exploit? Or the same for AJ/MB? We'll never know.

One Easter egg we've discovered is that if we stack the queue and no one who matches us starts a game, after two days of waiting, the system matches us against placement or low-rank players. I call this an egg because while we get 2-4 points for winning, we get to see different strategies and try new things ourselves, and it makes us better.

In some ways, it will be a relief if the hidden ranking eventually decides to bump us to #2. Since the standings are such a black box, it feels like we're defending a place gained by trickery, though that is not the case. I think if all the data and rankings were shown, we'd see a lot of us with huge win ratios on FTA, some favorability on certain maps (ours has changed as we've continued playing), and some other interesting correlations between team styles.

+1

Also, what team is G/C which many of you are referring to? Is that supposed to be Gurleyman/krogoth (which starts with a K).

Also, it's Gurleyman, not Curleyman as I've seen multiple times by different people =P

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]