Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-20-2013, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 06:28 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-20-2013 06:16 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 12:00 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Anyway, I think that there should be around 10 teams in ST just based on the ratio of ST to Master in 1v1.

That's a good point, CombatEX!
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread yet, it's really funny that you, guys, managed to flame this thread up to 25 pages for one day. One more day and you will beat the Super-Titan Replay Discussion Smile

I think that it would be silly to bump some particular teams up to ST manually, but the system should be fixed. It's a good point that the ratios in all leagues must be roughly equal. The ratio of Master to ST in 1v1 is 8.5 (875 and 103 players according to OSN data)
So, it's easy to calculate that we expect to see about 17 ST teams in 2v2 League and about 5 ST players in 2v2 Random League (there are none of them currently).

Yeah...we kind of tore this thread up.

Interesting perspective on just taking the ratio of masters to ST, rather than ST as a percentage of the whole population. Anyway 17 seems a bit high to me....but hey, we'll see what happens after OML fixes the threshold. And I don't think there will ever be a 2v2 Random ST team......lol. I guess I don't even know how that would work.
Actually, come to think of it it may be a better measure to take just the ratio of Masters to ST, because I expect that the 2v2 population is more "top heavy" than the 1v1 population. Meaning, it takes more effort for weaker players to set up a team, therefore less of them do it. My theory is that a greater proportion of strong players set up a 2v2 team relative to weak players setting up a team, compared to the same proportion for 1v1. Put another way, there are more scrubs in the 1v1 population as a percentage of the whole, compared to 2v2. This is clear just by looking at the OSN statistics page that burnodrod linked.

I mean it makes sense if you think about it, a lot of strong 2v2 teams are strong players who paired up after 1v1 success.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-20-2013 06:20 AM