Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-20-2013, 02:45 AM
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
Wow...24 pages and I feel like I just lost a chunk of my life Smile. Let's cover the high points...

1. Identities

Krogoth300 and I are coworkers (in the IT field) and thus spend 8-10 hours a day in next-door cubes. Hence, we tend to react quickly between 8am-5pm M-F and you'll see some lag over the weekends. Furthermore, neither of us like playing 1v1 very much (we like teamwork), but I've played the 5 placement games each season and maybe a couple more, while Krogoth hasn't (and isn't planning on it).

2. Game canceling

In line with this thread, the matchups are a bit sparse these days since skill rating or whatever only matches us up with the same 3-5 teams. We *do* stack the queue from time to time, as many of you do, but we really don't like having more than one game per map with each opponent (with so few 2v2 maps, it gets really predictable for either side if we have 2+ games on a given map starting at the same time).

Personally, I like variety, so I like getting different opponents in our queue. Thus, after recently playing 4-6 games with WF/MF, I wanted a little break and declined most of the next batch of matchups. The system matched us with sir3/pinoy, which was a nice change, so we did a 3 or 4-set with them, and now are doing the same with alexjiang.

Our apologies for any apparent offense or disadvantage with the declining. Hopefully the new 2v2 maps in the wings will increase the variety so we can engage more fully with all you guys that we see frequently.

Good discussion here. The system needs help, or at the very least, transparency. Thanks.

Gurleyman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Gurleyman - 02-20-2013 02:45 AM