Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 01:42 PM by Mr.Banger.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-19-2013 12:56 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:39 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 12:13 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:League distribution is where we disagree. Like amofett, I believe ST should be a title/achievement for your hidden skill being above a certain threshold, not that we need to put a specific % of players in the ST league just because their aren't enough that got there.
The only solution I see to this, is OML putting a top - chart WITH hidden skill shown, or else who knows the difference between 2-3

Banger, I just do not see how you are still saying this after I have directly addressed these issues.

I believe 2v2 ST SHOULD be a distinction and an honor. It should be a distinction and an honor as much as it is for 1v1. Currently, 2v2 ST is a higher distinction than 1v1, and as a result there are only 2 STs for 2v2. This has very little utility, and thus we are proposing a correction to the system so it is more in line.

I actually think it's the same distinction. There just happens to be master teams not at that level yet, if translated to 1v1, from what is observed, there are only 2 individuals who would be ST

Banger, what evidence do you have that high masters are not at the same level as, say, low ST in 1v1? This is just your opinion, and frankly it flies in the face of logic.

Again. 7 months is long enough for the elite to emerge. There were many 1v1 STs after only 2 months. Yet, we STILL only have 2 2v2 STs. There are two possibilities, assuming that the promotion threshold for 1v1 and 2v2 are equivalent, as you now claim: either there are only 2 teams who have reached ST skill level in the same time that roughly 200 1v1 STs earned the distinction, or, the 2v2 ST promotion threshold is more strict than 1v1, which has kept the number of 2v2 STs disproportionately low.

I think it is clearly the latter. If i am wrong, tell me why.

I choose option 1. It would make absoloutly no sense for OML to make the 2v2 threshold higher. Absoloutly no sense whatsoever. It's just only 2 teams have passed this threshold of 2v2 ST that is the same as 1v1 ST.
And regarding your first statement, when did I ever say low STs are leagues ahead of high masters? There's 2 possibilities here, either the high masters aren't high enough or the ST hidden skill is significantly higher than the masters due to records.
And the above possibilities can be proven by the amount of points we were getting after each win before the point screwup, which was less than 10. Most of the time being 6

iPro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-19-2013 01:39 PM