Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-19-2013 11:24 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:I'm pretty sure it's not a false assumption. Lowering the threshold makes it easier to be a supertitan. It would take less time and less skill than it does currently. That's what a fast track is.

Dude. The point is that the threshold is too high, so we should correct it. I already explained why complaining that we are lessening the distinction of being ST is not valid; unless you respond to that...I don't know what to say.

Why is it not valid? If its easier to get there, it's less of a distinction, just by definition.

And the fact that the threshold is "too" high or that the current system is "flawed" is a matter of opinion, and that is really where everyone differs. Despite all the comparisons to 1v1, all the percentage evaluations, all your arguments in favour of lowering the threshold, you haven't proved anything. It is only an opinion that the threshold is too high, or that the system is flawed. Just like it is only an opinion that as it stands currently, there is nothing wrong with it. You think ST should represent a percentage, I think it should represent a skill level. Obviously we aren't going to change each others mind. But facts are facts, and lowering the threshold does lower the distinction. If say at a school they only call a student an "honours student" if he gets 95%, and then for a few years they realize that the number of honours students is dropping. If they then reduced the threshold to 90% so that they had the same number as before, being an honours student wouldn't mean as much as it once did.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - amoffett11 - 02-19-2013 11:43 AM