Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 11:42 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-19-2013 09:13 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 08:50 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 08:36 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 08:32 AM)alexjiang1 Wrote:  They couldve but the most likely explanation is that they are still higher if they havent lost many games since. And if those masters are higher, theyll get promoted soon enough

I don't see how that is more likely at all. You have no data to back it up.

At any rate, addressing your 12-1 comment:

You may be right. However, I don't think it should take a 12-1 rating to be in ST. Currently my team is at a 6-1 ratio. Perhaps that means we shouldn't be in the same league as you, but then I want all the Master teams with a 3-1 ratio or worse to be demoted to Gifted. You see what I'm saying? Why should there be a league just for 2 teams? Even if there is a pretty large gap, 12-1 to 6-1, there is also a huge gap in masters, 6-1 to something like 3-1 or worse. If we have to have a huge gap no matter what we should at least distribute it more evenly instead of having such a huge range in Master and barely utilizing one of our leagues, ST, by only have 2 teams. Well. If you insist on only keeping 2 teams in ST then I think we should shift our focus to getting a lot of the Master teams demoted to gifted. Okay? Okay. Why promote teams when we can demote them? Sounds good! =D

Why do I believe it's more likely? Because for them to get promoted means they went on a streak of some sort an surpassed the threshold differentiating themselves. There's absolutely no way any masters is higher unless they went on a big losing streak (nope, not from what Ive seen in our league) and will thus be demoted to Masters, if those Masters are higher than G/K w/o them going on a losing streak than those masters deserve to be promoted and will be promoted. It's logic and the most likely scenario or else they would've been demoted or another promoted. Of course, I don't know their record, I'm sure they can provide it though.
Addressing your 6-1, you're probably close, I'm in no ways saying that isn't good enough, all I said was its probably not higher than ours/theirs. Where do you get the fact that some masters are 3-1, facts, or logical assumptions like I made?

Szei, answer please Smile

Because it's been many months since they were promoted. People get worse and people get better. Especially when we have something like 2v2 where only recently more people have begun devoting more time towards it. When you have something new, the competition at the top is volatile. Just look at Starcraft and the GSL in particular. There are still some players from the beginning who remain competitive today, but many of the top players at the inception of the GSL fell off quickly once more people started competing at a serious level in Starcraft 2. There were plenty of players who broke into Code S and even had deep runs through the tournament only to find themselves in Code A or Code B the next season and then drop out entirely. The point is, Gurleyman and Krogoth may not stack up as well as some of the new competition even if they were far better than the competition a few months ago.

Furthermore, Gurleyman and Krogoth wouldn't have to go on a big losing streak. Again, it's been a few months. If Gurleyman and Krogoth have been on a gradual decline during this time, there hidden-rating could have fallen drastically and just not have reached demotion threshold yet. In the meantime many Masters could have passed them. Again, not saying this is the case for sure, but just that it is by no means unlikely. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "at all" in bold. But I do stand by what I said before. Unless you have a breakdown of Gurleyman and Krogoth's win/loss over the past few months as well as that of some top Master teams like worldfamous and diemfdie, I do not see why you should assume what you did above. EDIT: Oh I forgot to include a smug smiley like you did Smile

Oh, and you're right that we can't just assume there are Masters with 3-1 ratios. So why did I say that then? Well, it's highly unlikely that the average Master team has above a 3-1 w/l unless there is something seriously wrong with the match-making. If this is the case, then it would mean many Masters are matched up with Gifted and below a majority of the time (and that would beg the question, should they even be in Masters if they are mostly playing Gifted?). So, this is why I feel it's reasonable to say that there are plenty of Masters with 3-1 and worse ratios UNLESS matchmaking is beyond broken.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - CombatEX - 02-19-2013 11:29 AM