Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 11:20 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
Quote:If thats the case, then I admit to not understanding your argument. One question, not being aggresive, howd you know the threshold is wrong?

Fair - I am making some assumptions, which I feel are reasonable assumptions. The most important being: that the 1v1 ST league, which has been successful, is the model that the 2v2 ST league should follow. How do I "know" that the 2v2 ST promotion threshold is wrong? This is why: 1. Because 7 months is long enough for the elite in a population to emerge, and 2. Because the 1v1 ST league was vibrant (like, at least 20 or so?) after a mere 2 months. If my assumption is correct, then clearly something is wrong with the 2v2 ST league. The most likely explanation for this is an overly restricting promotion threshold. Consider for example that there were no STs at all for many months. It's been 7 months and we STILL do not have a vibrant ST league. Is this because 2v2 matches take longer than 1v1? No, because there are not orders of magnitude difference between the two. More likely, OML did not properly plan for the future of the 2v2 league, and so they made more difficult than is ideal to enter the ST league. Nothing suggests, also, that we will see a significant number of 2v2 ST players any time soon. If we were to graph this, it's very clearly way behind 1v1.

So. The wrong way to think about this is that we are arguing for 2v2 teams who don't deserve to be entered into the highest league. Rather, we are arguing that the ST league has always been too restricting, and if it was in line with 1v1's level of skill discernment, we would have a significantly larger number of 2v2 STs. That is to say - there are several teams who should already be ST, according to 1v1 standards. If you disagree with this, you must defend the notion that the 2v2 promotion threshold which allows only 2 teams to be promoted is the ideal, as opposed to the 1v1 standard - because we have already established that there are clear differences between the two. Remove the idea that because the promotion threshold has always been a certain way, then it must be ideal, from your vocabulary. In the beginning OML made at attempt to set up a fair and utilitarian 2v2 league system, but we know more now and it can and should be improved.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 11:08 AM