Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-19-2013 06:30 AM)Gfich Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 05:43 AM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 05:43 AM)amoffett Wrote:  BWLEEEEEGGHHHHHH CRAZY FREAKING LONG QUOTES!
1. I would argue that the elite have emerged.
2. Given the length of time it takes to play a 2v2 game, this should surprise no one.

There does not have to an "enormous" divide, just a divide. And we absolutely see this.

As far as I can see, the system is only not "ideal" to a loud minority of players who are trying to get promoted before they've earned it. It is not important to the developers that there are enough supertitans to fill a league, I'm sure they'd prefer it, but maybe they can see that enough teams are close that they don't need to change it. Whatever their system is for ranking players, what is absolutely indisputable is that based on this system there are 2 teams ranked higher than everybody else. I have no problem with recognizing only two teams as being the best if they're the only ones who've made it, what I do have a problem with, and this is why I've taken this much time on a 2v2 argument when I play significantly less 2v2 than 1v1, is people trying to gain a distinction they have not earned and other people worked hard to get. It cheapens their accomplishments.

My guess is that in the next month or two, one or two of these teams gets promoted, and that team will then be changing their tune as to the fairness of the promotion system. (Note: To those teams listed here but who have not taken part in this discussion, I am in no way bashing you or accusing you of complaining, this applies only to those who have taken issue with the current system)

The main issue with having a 2 team ST league, is just that it's really hard to take a top league with only two players seriously. Even though it might cheapen someones accomplishments (which I highly doubt anyways), something just needs to happen to stop 2v2 from playing second fiddle.

Which is what you've suggested earlier, which is the 2v2 top50 or 100 or whatever list. That solves the real problem at hand, which is teams wanting some idea of rank, wanting an idea of whether they've improved or not.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - amoffett11 - 02-19-2013 07:11 AM