Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 05:11 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-19-2013 04:52 AM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-19-2013 03:57 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:Neither of those was a serious solution. An others have said in previous posts, it's not about population size or percentages, it's about skill level. On the one hand we have people saying they went 35 - 1 to reach ST, and on the other we have people saying they're maybe kinda winning 60% of the time, maybe, they think. I've been dodging around saying this, but the above teams are not STs because they are not good enough to be. You are not on the same level as the current STs. They are better than you, and have earned their distinction.

You are missing the point.

When OML first devised the required skill rating for ST promotion, they did so arbitrarily. It was their best guess at the dividing line for the population. Probably, they used the same threshold for 1v1. But they clearly did not account for differences in the two populations. I said this above, but probably you didn't read since I've posted so much: you should divorce yourself from the notion that because the promotion threshold has always been a certain way, then it must be ideal. We know more now and it's frankly obvious that we do not have an ideal delineation of players.

This is where you're missing the point. I don't think they 'guessed' at a dividing line for the population. I don't think they care how many supertitans there are, or whether it accurately represents a certain percentage of players. Keep in mind that for a very long time there were no supertitans in 2v2; I don't think this bothered them in the slightest. You think it should reflect a percentage of players. Great. I don't think the developers could care less, rather, they set a threshold, and waited to see who could reach it. So far only two have.

Here's my metaphor: "you must be this tall to ride the roller coaster". You're not going to let more people on just because the population was shorter than expected. You could design a roller coaster built for shorter people, but than the roller coaster would be less fun. No, it's up to the short people to keep on growing.

I'm sorry man, you're just not thinking about this very critically.

1. 7 months is long enough for the elite to emerge in a population of players.
2. There were many supertitans in 1v1 after a mere 2 months; 2v2 only very recently has 2.

These are the facts that make your position nigh untenable. I feel like a broken record - if you want to continue arguing this, please address the above.

For you to be correct (that is, that current league assignment is appropriate), there would have to be an enormous divide between the highest 2 teams, and everyone else. We simply do not see this.

Your defense now seems to be that the devs don't care? I don't know if it bothered them that there were no 2v2 supertitans for a long time or not, but it should have! What is the utility in having 2 teams in a league? Almost nothing! What is the utility of having 0 teams in a league for approximately 5 months? Actually nothing. Do you not think maximizing utility is an admirable goal? That the devs "don't care" that their system is not ideal should be a disappointment to you just as much as me!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 05:08 AM