Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 04:09 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-19-2013 03:57 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Are alexjiang/mr banger as gurleyman/krogoth the best two teams? Yes.

Actually I wouldn't even be sure of that if you read what I wrote above. The only way to know for sure is for OML to release hidden-rating rankings for 2v2. Another issue is what I posted in the most recent weekly top 200 on how I believe promotion and demotion work. It could be that a Super-Titan is ranked lower than a Master (as we can clearly see is possible on OSN) as the Super-Titan could have fallen beneath the promotion threshold (but not past the demotion threshold) since the time they were promoted. In the meantime a Master team could pass the Super-Titan team in hidden-rating but just not have reached the promotion threshold yet. In this way a master team like worldfamous and diemfdie could have surpassed a super-titan team like gurleyman and krogoth in hidden-rating since the time gurleyman and krogoth were promoted.

(02-17-2013 04:49 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Say the range for Master is 500-1200 hidden-rating. Then, to get promoted to ST from Master you need to exceed 1200 hidden-rating. However, to get demoted to Master from ST you need to dip to 800 hidden-rating. This prevents a player who just got promoted to ST at 1203 points from being immediately demoted after losing 1 game and going to 1195 (and then being promoted again after a win... and so on).

In this case, there could be many Masters AND Super-Titans in the 800-1200 range. The Super-Titans aren't low enough to be demoted (<800), but the Masters aren't high enough yet to be promoted (>1200). So instead you have some Masters who are ranked higher than Super-Titans but who have yet to be promoted.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - CombatEX - 02-19-2013 04:05 AM