Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 03:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 03:59 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
Just to be clear I don't think there should be any artificial injection of teams into ST. I do think that there is a problem though which needs to be addressed. The same was true of 1v1 where it was exceedingly difficult for the first few people to get into ST and then eventually it became easier until the proper balance was reached. It seems that this has still not happened for 2v2.

(02-18-2013 05:27 PM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  The eagles got to being eagles after passing a certain hidden skill level no? If there were more people past the hidden skill level, there would be more STs right?

As hinted above, I think there is more going on than that. There could be another variable which makes it difficult for new players to join ST even if they have high hidden skill. This was the case with 1v1 ST when players were first trying to get into it. Since so many more 1v1 games are played, it may have been easier for people to break the barrier and eventually get in. However, for ST in 2v2 this hasn't happened. It is possible that it is just down to hidden-rating and only 2 teams being high enough, but from the 1v1 ST experience I wouldn't be so sure. The fact that you and alexjiang encountered that glitch where you left and came back with hundreds of extra wins could also be a culprit in making it difficult for other players to break into ST. For example, it could be that the hidden variable in addition to hidden-rating has something to do with number of games played and how sure the system is of your skill. If this value is compared to people in the league above that you're trying to get promoted to, then the fact that your 'sureness' variable is so high could get in the way of other players being promoted. Keep in mind that this could all just be BS, but the point is there could be other factors that we do not see.

(02-19-2013 03:44 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Interesting, sounds about right. I feel like 10 is a good number. Thanks for doing that analysis.

Yep, that's why I said around 10 ST because this was approximately the ratio when I did the calculation around two months ago. I guess things haven't changed much in 2v2.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - CombatEX - 02-19-2013 03:46 AM