Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 01:57 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
Quote:I think I know where Alex and Banger are coming from. I was once an uber active 1v1 master who thought I was skilled enough to be on the Weekly Top 100. I was really wondering and somewhat disgusted at not seeing my username in the weeks that came. Still, I continued to play my best, and I got there. It is really challenging to be part of the ST or Top 200 list, maybe much more with the 2v2 ST list. It has to be earned. Even though a party feels he/it has already earned such right to be acknowledge for the level of skill or wit demonstrated, it could still be not enough. Nevertheless, I think that it is all a matter of time. It is but a natural effect since there is a much smaller player base for 2v2 as against 1v1. This is in addition to the slower nature of 2v2 too (as against 1v1). More total turns per game played and the fact that turns cycle among 4 players in 2v2, vs only 2 players in 1v1. I think 2v2 has improved since before there was no 2v2 ST! It is moving there; it is all a matter of time. Play more 2v2 and invite your non-Outwitters friends to play 2v2 too.

I contend that 7 months is long enough for the elite to emerge. How long before there was a vibrant community of 1v1 super titans? 2 months? Top lists began august 1. 2v2 only has 2 STs; the proportion of play duration between 1v1 and 2v2 is not that severe. Everything seems to point to the promotion threshold being too restricting, rather than there not being enough sufficiently talented teams who have demonstrated that talent. The facts just don't add up.
Joel, you are right to point to the smaller population of players as a factor. So, the devs should more appropriately delineate the 2v2 population, taking the smaller size into consideration. Nothing suggests that we will have 10 ST 2v2 teams a month from today if the status quo continues; that's not how ranking systems work. The more i think about this, the more obvious to me that the problem is the promotion threshold.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 01:29 AM