Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-19-2013, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 02:05 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
Quote:Gonzales, going back to ELO, it doesn't matter how many players are above you or not, you can still make 2500 by consistently winning against those below you, you'll still get points for beating other 2400, 2300, 2200, 2100, 2000s, 1900s. And when you have a chance to play those >2500, then take that Chance to beat them.

I maintain that you are mistaken on this point. With ELO, I believe all players begin at 1200. Depending on the K value, you will get points added to your rank for defeating another player proportional to their rank. We used ELO in the hero academy league so I am somewhat familiar with how this works. The thing is, it is very hard - as I said, basically impossible - to reach a very high rating if there are not other high level players to play against. And because the population of players will be playing each other, the highest rank of a population will necessarily asymptote at a certain point - and this is highly dependent on the size of the population. To use the hero academy league example, no one ever exceeded about 1600 ELO. I think you will only get ranks as high as 2500 with populations of many thousands as in chess. But, it is dependent on the K value.

Anyway, this is just an example and we don't know how OML does it. But this should illustrate for you why the size of the population probably matters. I don't know how they could do it in such a way that the population size DOESN'T matter.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-19-2013 12:35 AM