Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-18-2013, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 06:24 PM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
Breaking this down for people who don't want to read my essays:

1. 7 months is long enough for a player population to settle, and the elite to emerge.
2. The current league promotion scheme for 2v2 does not effectively divide the player population into meaningful groups. Estimate: fluffy: 800, clever: 800, gifted: 300, master: 100, supertitan: 2
3. The ST promotion system should be relaxed to being in line with realities of the 2v2 population. Note: NOT to bestow charity to undeserving teams, but to adjust the system in such a way so that supertitan becomes a more meaningful distinction.
Quote:I will assume ELO, as in chess ratings. I'm not sure how it correlates with the size of the population? No matter who you beat, your ELO will go up, and once it goes past say 2500 then you're technically a GM (other requriments involved), or a Super Titan.

No because you get diminishing returns as you increase in rating. The size of population matters, at least for ELO. Getting to 2500 in ELO, to use your example, is basically impossible without a very large population.

Quote:And yes it does seem wrong to me if there were only 5 1v1 ST. But I would assume OML put the 1v1 and 2v2 ST hidden skill at the same threshold. So there are 2 2v2 teams that are past the ST threshold, and the masters, like 1v1 masters, have not passed the threshold yet.

And this is precisely the problem. I agree, probably ONL used the same threshold for 1v1 and 2v2. But because the 2v2 population is smaller, so is the ST population. As we've seen, it is too small to be of use. Therefore it should be adjusted to be in line with differences in the 2v2 population.

Ok I'm going to bed. It's 3:30 AM here Tongue

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - GreatGonzales - 02-18-2013 06:17 PM