Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
(02-18-2013 05:32 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
Quote:Yes I agree, 2 ST is not very many, but could it be possible that the hidden skill level of the masters isn't high enough? Like i mentioned, it was previously stated that going around 44-2 is enough to be a 1v1 ST, we went 35-1 and became an ST, there's not that big of a difference right? But imo, I always thought leagues were to determine skill level...

I mean, that's just begging the question - what I'm saying is that the hidden skill threshold should be changed. Consider this: there are 2000 teams, of which 50 of them are truly excellent, and maybe 10 are super super excellent. For the sake of argument, lets say OML is using the top .1% threshold for 2v2. So, that leaves 2 ST and 48 excellent teams who are relegated to masters. So, how do they get into ST? Well, they have to have a good winning streak in league play! But they only get matched against their fellow excellent teams, so they struggle to do better than a 50% win ratio. Thus, they remain master league.

This is what I think is probably going on. But just hypothetically, don't you agree that the threshold should be changed to account for a smaller population of players than 1v1?
You guys should divorce yourselves from the notion that because the promotion threshold has always been this way, then it must be the most ideal set up. OML made an attempt when they set up the leagues, but we know more now and clearly its not working. 7 months and only 2 teams in the highest league = system broken. Yes, promotion is based on hidden skill rating but the hidden skill required for promotion was determined by some percentile of the population, probably .1%. Whatever it is, though, it is too restricting considering the size of the 2v2 population.

Okay. Lets go with the top .1% for the sake of argument. These 2 teams will have a higher hidden skill then the others. If this top .1% applied, getting to ST is simple, either wait for more people to come around or outskill one of the 2 teams. But honestly though, I strongly believe they didn't make it the top .1% but rather a hidden skill threshold which I don't feel like should be changed. Why? Because, it IS possible to get past that threshold. If they changed the threshold, being a 2v2 ST wouldn't have as much meaning as 1v1 because 2v2 has a lower hidden skill requirement.

iPro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!! - Mr.Banger - 02-18-2013 05:53 PM