Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
02-20-2013, 02:43 AM
RE: Bump these teams to SuperTitan please!!!
well it says he prioritzes things that concern the bigger population..
which would be about right if youre a game developer

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Wow...24 pages and I feel like I just lost a chunk of my life Smile. Let's cover the high points...

1. Identities

Krogoth300 and I are coworkers (in the IT field) and thus spend 8-10 hours a day in next-door cubes. Hence, we tend to react quickly between 8am-5pm M-F and you'll see some lag over the weekends. Furthermore, neither of us like playing 1v1 very much (we like teamwork), but I've played the 5 placement games each season and maybe a couple more, while Krogoth hasn't (and isn't planning on it).

2. Game canceling

In line with this thread, the matchups are a bit sparse these days since skill rating or whatever only matches us up with the same 3-5 teams. We *do* stack the queue from time to time, as many of you do, but we really don't like having more than one game per map with each opponent (with so few 2v2 maps, it gets really predictable for either side if we have 2+ games on a given map starting at the same time).

Personally, I like variety, so I like getting different opponents in our queue. Thus, after recently playing 4-6 games with WF/MF, I wanted a little break and declined most of the next batch of matchups. The system matched us with sir3/pinoy, which was a nice change, so we did a 3 or 4-set with them, and now are doing the same with alexjiang.

Our apologies for any apparent offense or disadvantage with the declining. Hopefully the new 2v2 maps in the wings will increase the variety so we can engage more fully with all you guys that we see frequently.

Good discussion here. The system needs help, or at the very least, transparency. Thanks.

Gurleyman
02-20-2013, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 02:53 AM by worldfamous.)
(02-20-2013 02:43 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  well it says he prioritzes things that concern the bigger population..
which would be about right if youre a game developer

I agree and my phrasing was probably harsh, but I do believe summarization is accurate.
(02-20-2013 02:45 AM)Gurleyman Wrote:  Wow...24 pages and I feel like I just lost a chunk of my life Smile. Let's cover the high points...

1. Identities

Krogoth300 and I are coworkers (in the IT field) and thus spend 8-10 hours a day in next-door cubes. Hence, we tend to react quickly between 8am-5pm M-F and you'll see some lag over the weekends. Furthermore, neither of us like playing 1v1 very much (we like teamwork), but I've played the 5 placement games each season and maybe a couple more, while Krogoth hasn't (and isn't planning on it).

2. Game canceling

In line with this thread, the matchups are a bit sparse these days since skill rating or whatever only matches us up with the same 3-5 teams. We *do* stack the queue from time to time, as many of you do, but we really don't like having more than one game per map with each opponent (with so few 2v2 maps, it gets really predictable for either side if we have 2+ games on a given map starting at the same time).

Personally, I like variety, so I like getting different opponents in our queue. Thus, after recently playing 4-6 games with WF/MF, I wanted a little break and declined most of the next batch of matchups. The system matched us with sir3/pinoy, which was a nice change, so we did a 3 or 4-set with them, and now are doing the same with alexjiang.

Our apologies for any apparent offense or disadvantage with the declining. Hopefully the new 2v2 maps in the wings will increase the variety so we can engage more fully with all you guys that we see frequently.

Good discussion here. The system needs help, or at the very least, transparency. Thanks.

Gurleyman
Can you please post copies of both of your birth certificates? Wink
02-20-2013, 02:55 AM
LOL... Props for the comedy Big Grin
02-20-2013, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 03:15 AM by TheQwertiest.)
i believe he does give a ****..
just less for 2v2

no seriously. post copies of your birth certificates..
i really do understand why you guys are frustrated but i also think the devs decision on prioritizing the larger group of players is correct.

so hopefully problems or things that need to be done for the larger group gets resolved so they can move on to 2v2

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-20-2013, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 04:00 AM by GreatGonzales.)
It does make me, as a big fan of 2v2, feel like a second class citizen in the world of outwitters. But I guess that's what you get when the devs are limited on resources and have to make the utilitarian priority of doing the greatest good to the greatest number. It also seems that 2v2 lists are more of an undertaking than originally expected, though I agree with worldfamous that this seems...strange. I don't understand why it should be so hard, even if there are two separate lists, one for arranged and one for random. But, at the end of the day we have to trust that Alex knows best.
On the other hand, having no 2v2 top lists and a broken league system makes my tournament all the more meaningful. Wink

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Yay tournament!!

Super-Titan
02-20-2013, 06:16 AM
(02-18-2013 12:00 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Anyway, I think that there should be around 10 teams in ST just based on the ratio of ST to Master in 1v1.

That's a good point, CombatEX!
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread yet, it's really funny that you, guys, managed to flame this thread up to 25 pages for one day. One more day and you will beat the Super-Titan Replay Discussion Smile

I think that it would be silly to bump some particular teams up to ST manually, but the system should be fixed. It's a good point that the ratios in all leagues must be roughly equal. The ratio of Master to ST in 1v1 is 8.5 (875 and 103 players according to OSN data)
So, it's easy to calculate that we expect to see about 17 ST teams in 2v2 League and about 5 ST players in 2v2 Random League (there are none of them currently).
02-20-2013, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 06:28 AM by GreatGonzales.)
(02-20-2013 06:16 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 12:00 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Anyway, I think that there should be around 10 teams in ST just based on the ratio of ST to Master in 1v1.

That's a good point, CombatEX!
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread yet, it's really funny that you, guys, managed to flame this thread up to 25 pages for one day. One more day and you will beat the Super-Titan Replay Discussion Smile

I think that it would be silly to bump some particular teams up to ST manually, but the system should be fixed. It's a good point that the ratios in all leagues must be roughly equal. The ratio of Master to ST in 1v1 is 8.5 (875 and 103 players according to OSN data)
So, it's easy to calculate that we expect to see about 17 ST teams in 2v2 League and about 5 ST players in 2v2 Random League (there are none of them currently).

Yeah...we kind of tore this thread up.

Interesting perspective on just taking the ratio of masters to ST, rather than ST as a percentage of the whole population. Anyway 17 seems a bit high to me....but hey, we'll see what happens after OML fixes the threshold. And I don't think there will ever be a 2v2 Random ST team......lol. I guess I don't even know how that would work.
Actually, come to think of it it may be a better measure to take just the ratio of Masters to ST, because I expect that the 2v2 population is more "top heavy" than the 1v1 population. Meaning, it takes more effort for weaker players to set up a team, therefore less of them do it. My theory is that a greater proportion of strong players set up a 2v2 team relative to weak players setting up a team, compared to the same proportion for 1v1. Put another way, there are more scrubs in the 1v1 population as a percentage of the whole, compared to 2v2. This is clear just by looking at the OSN statistics page that burnodrod linked.

I mean it makes sense if you think about it, a lot of strong 2v2 teams are strong players who paired up after 1v1 success.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-20-2013, 06:32 AM
One plays 2v2 random as an individual.