Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Great Outwitters Fandom Census!
02-15-2013, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 10:12 AM by GreatGonzales.)
The Great Outwitters Fandom Census!
Hey guys. I've made a SURVEY that I'd like everyone to take! Only 10 questions, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to complete.

I've been wanting to do this for some time, since I'm not satisfied with the built-in poll feature for the forum. I want to be able to cross-tabulate data! Unfortunately I could only ask 10 questions without having to upgrade my surveymonkey account, but still I think this should be interesting! I will of course share the results when enough people have taken the survey.

PLEASE TAKE MY SURVEY! Ok thanks. Big Grin

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, I have discovered that surveymonkey is HORRIBLE unless you upgrade, i.e. give them money, which I am not going to do. I was hoping to be able to export the data into excel and do some analysis there, but I am unable to do this without upgrading my account. I am not even able to apply more than 1 (one!) filter to the results page. Long story short: I should have used google docs. Next time.

So, in lieu of detailed reporting on survey results, I will share access to my surveymonkey account. To view the survey results for yourself, simply follow this link, and use the following login information:

Username: GreatGonzales
Password: Outwitters

Then you'll be brought to the survey page. Simply click on the "Analyze Results" tab to view the survey results.

It's not the worst, at least there are some nice looking graphs. But I was hoping to be able to do more automatic cross-tabulation of data. Anyway, you can apply probably the most interesting filter available, which is to isolate 1v1 STs, of which there are currently 12. But if you want a different filter, you have to actually delete that filter and create a new one. Stupid, amirite?

Thanks again to all who have participated so far! This will be better next time.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 04:35 AM
RE: The Great Outwitters Fandom Census!
How about a Google spreadsheet with unlimited questions?

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
02-15-2013, 04:36 AM
(02-15-2013 04:35 AM)Harti Wrote:  How about a Google spreadsheet with unlimited questions?

Yeah, maybe will do that next time. This is just easier for people to participate, nice clean interface and all.

02-15-2013, 04:39 AM
Is there a way to see the results?

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
02-15-2013, 04:41 AM
Pretty sure Google Docs has a special survey mode.

02-15-2013, 04:41 AM
I did it Big Grin

Super-Titan
02-15-2013, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 04:56 AM by GreatGonzales.)
(02-15-2013 04:41 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Pretty sure Google Docs has a special survey mode.

Oh man - you are right! Hmm. Maybe I will cancel this survey and re-do it in google docs where there are no question limits.
Well, I may as well let this run its course for today, I don't have time right now to set up another (larger) survey.
(02-15-2013 04:39 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  Is there a way to see the results?

I will share the results of this survey when more people have taken it.

02-15-2013, 05:18 AM
As a side not for the question on the 2v2 maps. I think they are all pretty good. Beach Blitz is the only iffy one, but it isn't bad. I would just like to see more variety of maps.

Also a note on the FTA in 2v2. Yes it exists, but in the games I have played, it isn't too much of a problem if played right. Yes, they will probably get a hit on base, but in the same instance, it thins the defenses in the back, and so if you are able to defend, a counter attack is usually pretty strong. It is really hard for the FTA to win the game, just hinder enough to be able to sweep in on the second round to finish off. I have thought about the 8 wit advantage for later players, but that would really just throw everything completely off because there is four players, and on teams. It would be completely different if it was a 4-player free-for-all.

GC: TheGreatAnt
02-15-2013, 05:22 AM
I filled it up! Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]