Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Notepads
Hey everyone! Big Grin
What notepads do you use to hold on to your replays?
I use Wunderlist because it's a free app and it automatically syncs between my iPod and my computer. After I finish a game, I take the replay and save it onto Wunderlist on my iPod. When I've accumulated a bunch of replays, I open up the app on my computer and dump them into OSN so that I can have an archive of all of my replays. I find this more efficient than putting one replay into my notepad, and then that one replay into OSN, and then repeating every time I finish a game and I've found it WAY more efficient than trying to upload my replays directly to OSN through my iPod. (It takes FOREVER.)
However, once, Wunderlist wiped out a huge batch of replays for no reason and I was very sad. Sad

What notepad apps do you guys use? Or if you don't use a notepad app, what do you use to transfer your replays to OSN? (Please don't tell me that you use pencil and paper lol)
Or am I the only one that does this? :O
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 01:22 PM
RE: Notepads
Before OSN I just saved significant replays like promotion and what-not. Now, whenever I finish a game I submit to OSN!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-14-2013, 02:15 PM
With my iPod, I have to open up Safari, which takes a while, then go to the OSN website, which takes like 10 seconds, copy the link into the bar, hit enter, and then wait for about 20 seconds for the replay to upload. It feels sluggish to me. Also, it requires my attention at around 10 second intervals, which really bugs me because I can't really do anything during that time. hahahahahahaha
How do you do it?
02-14-2013, 02:17 PM
I use Chrome on my iPad. I don't experience slow loading times either.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Ah, I my iPod has much less processing power than your iPad Sad
That must be why it takes so long for me to upload directly from my iPod.
Confused
02-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Uploading to OSN isn't much longer than pasting to notepad for me, so I just go straight to OSN. OSN is bookmarked so it's pretty fast. You could even make one of those icons to go directly to OSN from your app screen.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Say what? :O
Can you teach me how?
02-14-2013, 03:19 PM
You just go where you normally would to bookmark a page, except instead of choosing "Bookmark", you choose "Add to Home Screen".

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-14-2013, 03:23 PM
I usually paste a bunch of replays to the notes app, then email them to myself. OSN doesn't work on my ipod for some reason...

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
02-14-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 03:49 PM by Exzachtlee.)
Quote:You just go where you normally would to bookmark a page, except instead of choosing "Bookmark", you choose "Add to Home Screen".
Oh, awesome! Thanks CombatEX! Big Grin
I never knew that that button does that! I always assumed it would make it the home page for the browser Tongue
It still takes around 10 seconds every time I open OSN on my iPod T_T

Quote:I usually paste a bunch of replays to the notes app, then email them to myself. OSN doesn't work on my ipod for some reason...
I tried that for a while! Then, I got tired of emailing myself hahahaha Tongue