Poll: Should I build it?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Tourney Moderator
02-10-2013, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 06:27 PM by $till.)
Brick Online Tourney Moderator
Hey so after being inspired by all of the programmers around me, I have decided that I should do something for this community.

I have decided that (with your permission) I should build a online tourney moderator. What it will do is that whenever someone wants to make a tournament, they just set it up with the website. This will add their tourney to the list of tournaments out there. Then whenever someone wants to submit a game, all they have to do is submit the replay link to the website and it will figure out info such as the players, their races and league info, who won, amount of turns etc. This info will be added to the list of games connected to this tournament. Then once and a while the tourney moderator just has to drop in and take note of games (and update their tournament on challonge if needed).

This project will probably take a few weeks-months, so don't expect anything immediately, but if you have any suggestions, please reply.

EDIT: If I actually work on this, there is no way it will take a few months. 1-2 weeks at most if I have good resources. However if anybody could help me on these topics:
I am good at background programming and data processing, but I suck with user interfaces. Would anybody be willing to help me with the user interface?
Also, does anybody know any good free web-hosting sites or subdomain sites where I can port my javascript to?

WOLFPACK!!
¡Master League! "Taking the kids to school"

$TILL - OUTWITTERS TOURNEY MODERATOR (beta)
[Image: flamingtext_22866688630370305.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: Online Tourney Moderator
Sounds good to me. Let me know if I can help at all.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks, it sounds great!

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
(02-10-2013 04:07 PM).Memories. Wrote:  Sounds good to me. Let me know if I can help at all.

Can you program? If not, want to be a tester?

WOLFPACK!!

02-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Nice. I considering programming something like this for myself to manage game reporting for the World Cup but decided against it in the end since that would've taken even longer than just entering each game individually. But it would be awesome for such a tool to exist!
02-10-2013, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 04:11 PM by .Memories..)
(02-10-2013 04:08 PM)$till Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 04:07 PM).Memories. Wrote:  Sounds good to me. Let me know if I can help at all.

Can you program? If not, want to be a tester?

Depends on the day, and yes, respectively.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
02-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Wow sounds awesome! If you have the spare time it would be really great if you could build this, then it will be a lot more organised Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-11-2013, 02:05 AM
If you build it, they will come!

This would take tournaments to the next level!! I continue to be amazed at the amount and quality of user created content around Outwitters - much respect y'all!

I'm not a programmer but am willing to help however I can.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
02-11-2013, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 02:27 AM by Harti.)
I can provide you a mysql database and some webspace, but as I wanted to re-style OSN first I don't have the resources to help you out with the UI. Use bootstrap for the time being, like CodePenguin did.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
02-11-2013, 03:27 AM
(02-11-2013 02:27 AM)Harti Wrote:  I can provide you a mysql database and some webspace, but as I wanted to re-style OSN first I don't have the resources to help you out with the UI. Use bootstrap for the time being, like CodePenguin did.

Cool thanks, I'll check it out. Also, I don't use mySQL I just use openKeyVal and JQuery because it only requires javascript. And what do you mean by 'webspace'?

WOLFPACK!!