Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rebalancing-- DaHsu's mods
02-10-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: Rebalancing-- DaHsu's mods
I wish the Bombshell had 3 health OR does 2 damage plus splash. I prefer the latter. Splash itself is pretty powerful, and it doesn't need the 3 damage.

OR OR

Can't hit the ground to splash units or splash base! That would be nice too.

I haven't given much thought to the other specials.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Bombshell: Change Bombshell into a Unit that Does Splash Damage to ALL units around the initial target, not just the opponents.

Mobi: It's fine, as I see it.

Scrambler: Pretty okay.

Bramble: When Runner/Soldier/Heavy Attack/Touch the Bramble's thorn, that unit takes 1 damage.
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
(02-10-2013 01:08 PM)WeiWei Wrote:  Bramble: When Runner/Soldier/Heavy Attack/Touch the Bramble's thorn, that unit takes 1 damage.

This would pretty much turn every bramble game into a sniper batter...thus always long. Could be balanced though. However I like my prickle mod of destroying branch that does the prickle or dropping to 1 hp.
02-10-2013, 02:44 PM
(02-10-2013 01:57 PM)maconbot Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 01:08 PM)WeiWei Wrote:  Bramble: When Runner/Soldier/Heavy Attack/Touch the Bramble's thorn, that unit takes 1 damage.

This would pretty much turn every bramble game into a sniper batter...thus always long. Could be balanced though. However I like my prickle mod of destroying branch that does the prickle or dropping to 1 hp.

While the prickle idea does seem like a nice idea, I don't like the concept that the Thorns become a more long reaching offensive unit. Thorn walls should stay as defensive as possible.

But your idea works just as fine.
02-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Thing is I dislike anything that encourages Hard-Turtling and with the Bombshell... well y'know... I sometimes wish they had made another special.

At least with the Bramble theres a chance to make it lean both ways; even in the graphics the thorns look dangerous and the Bramble looks deceptive and sly, surely there would be room for both offence and defensive capabilities? Not to mention it would tick the 'cool' factor Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Sure there is, I think the Thorns should just retaliate when attacked. Same as prickle, but it's passive instead of active. If a thorn is attacked it deals 1 damage to all adjacent enemies. Note that this would even apply to a sniper attack but wouldn't matter unless there was another unit next to the thorn.

this would prevent using a soldier + runner combo to take down thorns unless you boosted the runner. It would also prickle for 2 damage to whatever attacked it first, so it's to the opponent's advantage to attack with a sniper or Heavy that would kill the thorn in one hit.

Either that or allied units should be able to walk on the thorns so using snipers becomes possible. The current problem with Bramble, IMO, isn't that it's not offensive enough, it's that it cripples your defense because you can't maneuver your snipers around.

Maybe even if allied units, as well as enemy units, can attack thorns, so you can at least clear your own path.

I like my first mod to the prickle idea the best though

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure I understand your idea Necrocat. Let's say you have a bramble and there is a sniper with 1 hp 5 spaces away. You could spend 3 wits to kill it? Spawn "thorn A from bramble" 2 spaces away, spawn "thorn B" using "thorn A" 2 more spaces away, use "thorn B" to deal 1 damage to the sniper. Now "thorn B" has used its one action for the turn (attacking), so has "thorn A" (spawning "thorn B") and so has the bramble (spawning "thorn A"). Both thorn patches and the bramble only took 1 action each.

|B|-|T|-|T|S|

B=Bramble
T=Thorn
S=Sniper
-=Empty

If so, it's certainly interesting to say the least and I wouldn't mind trying it out in beta.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-10-2013, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 11:27 PM by Necrocat219.)
(02-10-2013 05:32 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  I'm not sure I understand your idea Necrocat. Let's say you have a bramble and there is a sniper with 1 hp 5 spaces away. You could spend 3 wits to kill it? Spawn "thorn A from bramble" 2 spaces away, spawn "thorn B" using "thorn A" 2 more spaces away, use "thorn B" to deal 1 damage to the sniper. Now "thorn B" has used its one action for the turn (attacking), so has "thorn A" (spawning "thorn B") and so has the bramble (spawning "thorn A"). Both thorn patches and the bramble only took 1 action each.

|B|-|T|-|T|S|

B=Bramble
T=Thorn
S=Sniper
-=Empty

If so, it's certainly interesting to say the least and I wouldn't mind trying it out in beta.

Thats exactly what I'm suggesting Smile I've suggested it to them and I'll see how that turns out. And although it would be expensive to take out a 2hp sniper, you don't have to use just thorns you have your units too. One of the biggest problems with the Bramble is the lack of firepower I think this *might* work.

EDIT: 1000 woohoo!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Heres an example of aggression

I was just making this example to make it clear how this 'prickle' action would work and it does seem to demonstrate the only drawback that I think it could possibly have - it might encourage bramble rushes that were reminiscent of runner rushes. However it is far more expensive to execute and requires a special to do so so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways here is a sample situation that takes place about turn 5/7, with red's sniper being buffed to 2hp. I wanted to demonstrate a Runner/Bramble attack and a Bramble/Bramble attack on the Sniper:

[Image: 397.png]

In this example P2 (Red) Has buffed his sniper and moved it up. It is now the start of P1's (Blue) turn and he has his Bramble set up with one thorn and wants to take out the sniper:

[Image: 398.png]

In this case it costs Blue 4 wits to take out the sniper; however the runner will die for free and the heavy is nearby so can come up to clear up thorns.

[Image: 399.png]

This is more of an example of what would be a worry: Just using the Bramble thorns to take out the sniper. It only takes 1 more wit to kill the sniper and leaves a lot of thorns around. However again the heavy is there to counter.

02-11-2013, 06:59 AM
oh, another idea for bombshell rebalancing: It only gets wit refunds for directly killing something. if you splash something to death no +1 wit.

I was going to say it gets no refunded wits at all, but that seems like a pretty major nerf.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome