Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Replay Link Anomaly
02-07-2013, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 08:58 PM by QuantumApocalypse.)
Exclamation Forum Replay Link Anomaly
Well...I noticed my script for changing URLs for OSN was marking every replay as an invalid replay just in the last few hours. I turned off my script, and saw that outwitters:// links were still being redirected to OSN. I checked other browsers, and even computers which haven't touched my script, and all links happened to be changed.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or whether this is some anomaly isolated to my internet connection.

outwitters://viewgame?id=10jjn393j4
^^ If that is a link and redirects to OSN, then it's happening to you too o_O

EDIT: I think it may be serverwide, seeing as on my computer, it redirects to OSN, and on my iPad, the text is linkified and redirected to the app itself...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Forum Replay Link Anomaly
uhm... yeah it does... weird, I never even installed that redirection script^^ maybe they're implementing it right into the forum software or something?

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
02-08-2013, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 12:15 AM by Harti.)
(02-07-2013 08:45 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  Well...I noticed my script for changing URLs for OSN was marking every replay as an invalid replay just in the last few hours. I turned off my script, and saw that outwitters:// links were still being redirected to OSN. I checked other browsers, and even computers which haven't touched my script, and all links happened to be changed.

I'm sorry, I'm the bad guy.

I developed a forum plugin that would automatically convert any rawly pasted (or url-tag-surrounded) outwitters:// game URL
- into an Outwitters replay link when you're on iOS
- into an OSN replay link when you're not.

It seems Alex installed "version 1" of that plugin that wasn't yet able to fetch OSN data to display the links even more nicely like in the link above. But he's got the code at his hands and I guess once he's up today he might install the newer one.

As I never had greasemonkey installed on my browser and didn't want to (and neither would a fair share of other people), and thusly didn't think of that, I am sorry to have caused anomalies with your converter script despite making it obsolete, lol. I just wanted to enhance both my and others' user experience around this place; posting replays was simply cumbersome.
Hopefully, once you disable it, the forum plugin should do its job fairly well. There will quite likely be an announcement when it's live.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
02-08-2013, 03:50 AM
That link took me to Outwitters but I got the Error: couldn't find the replay even under the couch message.
02-08-2013, 03:52 AM
I got the even under the couch message too.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
02-08-2013, 03:55 AM
You don't say... it wasn't a valid replay ID.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

02-08-2013, 03:59 AM
It was just a test replay link, guys. It wasn't meant to go anywhere.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
02-08-2013, 04:04 AM
(02-08-2013 03:59 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  It was just a test replay link, guys. It wasn't meant to go anywhere.

Thank you for your respectful reply... *cough* Harti
02-08-2013, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 04:16 AM by Harti.)
Sorry, didn't mean to come across as disrespectful or offensive! :O
I thought it was obvious from the context that this was just a test ID but I didn't mean to offend you or Wildtalon by any means. Not being a native speaker I figured it was okay to write that. Angel

Had I posted a picture of Nicholas Cage's face it'd probably have been okay... oh well... Confused

02-08-2013, 04:22 AM
(02-08-2013 04:14 AM)Harti Wrote:  Sorry, didn't mean to come across as disrespectful or offensive! :O
I thought it was obvious from the context that this was just a test ID but I didn't mean to offend you or Wildtalon by any means. Not being a native speaker I figured it was okay to write that. Angel

Had I posted a picture of Nicholas Cage's face it'd probably have been okay... oh well... Confused
I was just giving you a hard time. No worries.